IXEG 737 CTD

b1bmsgt

Whenever I try to use the IXEG 737 it works fine for 5 minutes or so and then suddenly stops working and causes a CTD. It happens every time I try to use the aircraft. Usually happens as I'm setting up the cockpit. Not sure if it happens at the same time all the time. Never happens with anything else.

Tried it again: X-Plane stopped working just after Better Pushback asked me to set the parking brake and as engine number 1 was almost finished spooling up. When it happens, everything stops moving, the sound stops, and a few seconds later you get the window stating that X-Plane has stopped working.

Just downloaded Beta 13 and thought I'd try it. Also tried it without using Better Pushback. Once again the sim died as the number 1 engine had almost stabilized at idle. Don't know if that's significant or not...

Attached please find the log.txt file.

Log.txt

Hi there,

I am fairly certain that you are experiencing a CTD due to one (or more) of your numerous plugins not playing well with the 11.50 beta.

Since we see many of these cases, I have prepared a post with some troubleshooting tips, which I link here. I would be very interested in your results...

Cheers, Jan

Hi Litjan,

Thanks for the link. Of course, I already saw that post...AFTER I made my post above... Oh well, guess I should be more observant.

Anyway, I removed a bunch of plugins and I was able to make two complete flights in the aircraft. I just have to say...

I LOVE THIS AIRPLANE!!!

I'll start adding plugins one at a time until I figure out what's causing the problem, but in the meantime, I seem to be good.

Thank you!

Russ

Hi Russ,

glad you got it working - and once you figure out which plugin causes the problem...please let us know!

This might help other users with the same problem, sometimes there is even an update available for that plugin or something else can be done to remedy the problem.

Happy landings, Jan

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

One could almost think you had a job once where thoroughness and methodical work was a prerequisite

Well, it was a while ago, but you never really forget it...

Anyway, the culprit would seem to be SkyMaxx Pro. I installed the latest version into b14 and the sim crashed while I was setting up the FMC. I'll uninstall SkyMaxx and try again.

Has no one else had this sort of problem?

Russ

Edited by b1bmsgt

I think we did have some complaints of incompatibilities... are you running the very latest version of SkyMaxxpro? I think 4.9.5 just got released a short while ago.

I also could not spot any trace of SkyMaxxPro in your log.txt that you posted initially, so I could not ascertain the version number you are running.

Cheers, Jan

Good morning Russ,

well, that is also a solution, of course - yet we will keep on our toes regarding this one and see if we can find out more. After all both of these products are sold at the same store and should really be working together...

Thanks again for working through this with us and sorry for the trouble this gave you,

Jan