Sign in to follow this  
ajaybala

Activation asked every time xplane starts/updates

X aviation licensing window pops up every time Xplane got updated and after the latest update, the window popped up every time xplane started.

due to this i had to reauthorise the same machine again and again, freezing the oldest instance of that *same* machine.

Now the machine ID is locked due to no fault of mine. I have submitted a ticket on this issue .

X-Plane updates don't generate a new machine ID.

Gizmo updates don't generate a new machine ID.

Windows updates can sometimes generate a new machine ID.

Please email support@x-aviation.com for assistance.

You should recieve a reply within 3 business days.

Sending multiple emails will delay your ticket.

On 7/4/2020 at 4:06 AM, ajaybala said:

I had switched to gizmo beta at that time. Please check the machine ID's. they will all be the same.

They are not all the same.

That means gizmo has reading different ids from the same machine. X- aviation hasn't  replied  to my ticket yet. Is there a workable resolution?

52 minutes ago, ajaybala said:

That means gizmo has reading different ids from the same machine. X- aviation hasn't  replied  to my ticket yet. Is there a workable resolution?

So, gizmo magically decided to change your ID ~six times in a row forcing you to lock the machine and then magically stopped changing ID's again?

Your story doesn't add up.

You can't lock the machine you're currently using, by design, to avoid people locking themselves out of the wrong machine.

Gizmo doesn't magically change hardware ID's as explained above. There are literally thousands of users.

Yes, that seems to be the case here. And that is your outlook in trusting your software. Software can malfunction at times.

Also, please treat your customers with some courtesy. Don't be belligerent an have the "i am always correct" attitude. I am not a fool sitting here to waste my time and hard earned money.

If you are not going to take any action on my ticket, please let me know so that i can initiate other actions from my side. Your not providing even a simple ticket reference number speaks volumes of your level of support. 

I reiterate, this is a single machine of which "gizmo magically decided to change your ID ~six times in a row forcing you to lock the machine" . Also, I say again, Not all of us are pirates.

"You can't lock the machine you're currently using, by design, to avoid people locking themselves out of the wrong machine." Really? this happened with my machine. 

13 hours ago, ajaybala said:

Yes, that seems to be the case here. And that is your outlook in trusting your software. Software can malfunction at times.

Sure it can, but not typical when it's been proven for YEARS in a stable manner, untouched, and used by 100,000+ users. In this instance, I'm just going to have to call that out.

Don't be belligerent an have the "i am always correct" attitude. I am not a fool sitting here to waste my time and hard earned money.

Aren't you doing the same?

If you are not going to take any action on my ticket, please let me know so that i can initiate other actions from my side. Your not providing even a simple ticket reference number speaks volumes of your level of support. 

It doesn't speak anything. I just looked up your name. Contrary to what you were told in this thread, you decided to send another support ticket anyhow, thus pushing you back to the end of the automated queue. Ben literally told you: "Sending multiple emails will delay your ticket."

Furthermore, information about response times and NOT sending multiple e-mail requests is also outlined on the contact page: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/contact_us.php

You were within the response queue period at the time of your new message. This one is simply a matter of you pushing it back down. Everything is answered in order of last received ticket for an account.

"You can't lock the machine you're currently using, by design, to avoid people locking themselves out of the wrong machine." Really? this happened with my machine.

Yes, really. By design, a designated machine ID cannot be locked when that machine ID is currently in use. So, it DID NOT happen to your machine. You seem to not be understanding what Ben has told you above. The better question is, WHY is your machine producing consistently new Machine ID's, and WHY did it go back to an old one? Do you have a habit of formatting or restoring previous Windows updates? Whatever you seem to be doing, it's not conducive to a good environment for you, and until that's solved I'm afraid there's not much we can do given the design and fact these de-authorizations are not intended to be undone.

Only YOU know what you do on your machine. All I can say is, it's certainly not being used in a consistent manner that 99.9% of our users use their machines.

I am kinda intrigued, a few weeks ago it asked me to delete one Id I have had the same machine for about 9 years, might of being the win10 update but even windows had issues with even changing things in the Bios, but so far Im good.

2 hours ago, Cameron said:

Yes, really. By design, a designated machine ID cannot be locked when that machine ID is currently in use. So, it DID NOT happen to your machine. You seem to not be understanding what Ben has told you above. The better question is, WHY is your machine producing consistently new Machine ID's, and WHY did it go back to an old one? Do you have a habit of formatting or restoring previous Windows updates? Whatever you seem to be doing, it's not conducive to a good environment for you, and until that's solved I'm afraid there's not much we can do given the design and fact these de-authorizations are not intended to be undone.

Only YOU know what you do on your machine. All I can say is, it's certainly not being used in a consistent manner that 99.9% of our users use their machines.

Well sir, all this bickering is not helping my case as i am still locked  out of the addons. As to why my machine is constantly forcing Your Drm checker to do what it is doing is beyond me. Do you require any logs generated by xplane? Please tell me as i am not a coder and only a layman in these terms. If you had only asked before I would have given you a history of my actions on the computer.

1. I have not reformatted the machine but am on windows insider program which has upgraded itself to version 2004 and now is at version 20H2. Both times i was asked by the activator to enter my credentials again.

2. I am also on the X-plane Beta cycle and xplane has updated itself around four times in the past month itself and after every update i was asked for an activation by your DRM.

3. Also Skymaxx pro has had a plethora of updates and i was asked to reenter my credentials after every update since the software is uninstalled and reinstalled at every update.

4. I have not upgraded any hardware apart from installation of 16 GB additional RAM.

Lastly, I have been using x-avation products since JAN 2018 without any isues. Why these issues have cropped up now are beyond my comprehension.

There is no doubt that your products are top notch but if i cant use them, they are pointless.

Regards.

9 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

I am kinda intrigued, a few weeks ago it asked me to delete one Id I have had the same machine for about 9 years, might of being the win10 update but even windows had issues with even changing things in the Bios, but so far Im good.

Your situation was already explained above by Ben. Nothing to be intrigued about, and quite normal. :)

Solution seems obvious to me, just start x-plane again and it'll magically change your hardware ID and you can use your products.

Oh, wait, that doesn't happen.

Really? Being sarcastic, condescending and brash. Nice customer support.  Bravo.

Degrading  paying customers by treating them like children is not the way to function.

All you have replied so far is that machine id is  locked  and state that all is lost. No request for any diagnostic files, which for any software such as yours must be generating.

Edited by ajaybala

You are an isolated and statistically insignificant case.

Bugs such as you claim to be experiencing do not happen in isolation with numbers totalling 1 user.

The problem is of your own making and you insist that it's not. Mathematics says otherwise.

There is no problem for me to resolve.

You have created a problem of your own making and attempted to resolve it with a crude attempt at social media exposition.

You were not accused of piracy yet you insisted that you were not a pirate in multiple threads.

You filed a support ticket, where it instructs you to wait upto 3 days and automatically returns you a ticket ID.

You then started multiple forum threads in an attempt to gain priority service.

You then claimed that you do not have a ticket ID, which was sent to you automatically.

You also sent multiple emails to the ticketing system creating further delay for yourself.

This is a problem entirely isolated to you and of your own making.

There has been no reply on the ticket through official channels even after a week, no ticket number, just some acknowledgement that i had raised a complaint through some third party chat app. Hence I had to reach out  for information, and pray tell how do I do that? Through your forum of course! There is no other way to reach you. What social media exposition, may I ask? I am just stating an issue, nothing else.  There is no ticket section in the customer account area after signing in to check the status of the ticket.

You yourself have said that the machine ids generated by my one computer  belong to many different computers, thus insinuating that i am pirating/sharing the software hence I have in my defense stated that i am not a pirate, which i proudly state again.

I have started just one forum thread. I wonder what other forum threads you are talking about.

Just because I am one percent case, you will discriminate and ignore my issue?

How is the problem of my own making? Your software  constantly asked for my credentials on the same machine(which you seem to think i am lying about). Your software forced me to type FREEZE before all activations, deactivating the oldest instance of my machine before it activated the products. Which branch of mathematics are you talking about here? Maths has nothing to do with this.

The problem may be isolated, but that doesn't mean it will be brushed aside. And it is certainly not of my own making.

Edited by ajaybala

I am by no means insisting on any sort of priority service here. But you can at lest have a system of keeping me in the loop. Take your time, but keep the customer informed of the goings on at least.

I still wait now for sevral weeks to get answer to my problem from support, but nothing is happend.

I just got info, will replay in app. 3 days now weeks are gone.

In the manetime I have a complete new gaming computer and the same situation as you can see. 

Also there is option anymore to select the machine.

Please help I am real disappointet that it is not working as it should.

X-Aviation.PNG

58 minutes ago, doormann said:

I still wait now for sevral weeks to get answer to my problem from support, but nothing is happend.

I just got info, will replay in app. 3 days now weeks are gone.

In the manetime I have a complete new gaming computer and the same situation as you can see. 

Also there is option anymore to select the machine.

Please help I am real disappointet that it is not working as it should.

X-Aviation.PNG

Please attach a copy of log.txt from your xplane folder. 

Hi, I am getting this error with licence activation after having installed IXEG 1.33 with beta Gizmo.

Can you please help me?

Untitled.jpg

Edited by fabiosko

2 hours ago, fabiosko said:

Hi, I am getting this error with licence activation after havin installe IXEG 1.33 with beta Gizmo.

Can you please help me?

Try re-naming

X-Plane/resources/plugins/Gizmo64.plugin/firmware/assets/ca_store/cacert.pem

to _cacert.pem with the underscore.

2 hours ago, 4runner said:

Hello, I bought a SAAb 340A, activation was successful, but the X-Aviation Licensing window appears constantly. When closed, the window reappears.

2020-09-14_14-53-17.png

GizmoLog.txt 14.03 kB · 0 downloads

Because you have a product of ours installed that you didn't purchase.

Either purchase it, or figure it out on your own. Not going to help someone who has tried to steal our products.

12 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Because you have a product of ours installed that you didn't purchase.

Either purchase it, or figure it out on your own. Not going to help someone who has tried to steal our products.

ORDER NUMBER: 101946 (DELIVERED)