No clouds without forcing weather reload

B738

Hi

I'm running the latest version of skymaxx Pro and RWG. I use xp 11.50b13 with asxp latest beta with Skymaxx Pro settings enabled.

I've tweaked my skymaxx Pro and RWG settings for VR as per the instructions.

When I setup a new flight I do the following:-

1. Load asxp and sometimes load a flight plan but not always.  Using real-time weather

2. Load xplane

3. Select plane and airport. Weather is already set as metar but usually says clear skies even though they aren't in reality

4. Load the flight. When it loads the weather outside is showing clear skies sun or stars at night.

5. No clouds are shown unless I go to skymaxx Pro plugin menu and force weather reload.

I have to do step 5 every time.

Why isn't it loading when the flight loads. Ive left it for 10 mins to see if it will load but it doesn't.  Any ideas? 

When ASXP first starts, it writes an empty metar.rwx file which is why you initially see no clouds. If ASXP doesn't update this file before SkyMaxx Pro starts, then we end up reading clear skies everywhere.

This should clear itself up after a couple of minutes once ASXP updates its data. Do you have "never change visible weather" enabled in the Real Weather Connector settings? If so, that would explain why it stays clear until you force a reload.

Thanks. 

Regarding RWG and preventing weather reloading. Is it best to have this setting on or off for maximum realism. If its on and I get more realism then I will leave it that i have to force a reload. If its off or makes no difference then great but I would like to create maximum realism. 

It depends on how you define "realism". With "never change visible weather" on, you'll never see the clouds around you suddenly change in response to new weather data. It's not realistic for the clouds to all change at once like that, but it also means you're not necessarily seeing the most recent weather data as it comes in. You have to choose between having timely weather data (setting it to off) or a more natural experience (setting it to on) because weather data is not published continuously.

Edited by sundog