Gizmo64 beta is expiring

CptIceman

Jan, maybe this is a bug, maybe not. Some instruments lights are really really dim and after takeoff I couldn't see anything without using the flashlight. BUT....after getting some altitude, it fixed itself? Is this normal or is it a bug? I just installed 1.31. Below a before and after pic.

Thanks

panel-lights-weird.thumb.jpg.5582d8b547362fcf54a4b24e711943df.jpg

Hello axmiha,

we had a few reports of this - and they were all explained by the user running a plugin or script that changed the lighting or colours in X-Plane.

If you want to post your Logt.txt I can take a look if there is anything running that could cause this.

Cheers, Jan

I turned off all lua scripts and no change. Actually I'm starting a flight in Rio and the whole scenery was dark. So I messed with "Sky Colors" (menu/developer/ShowSkyColors) and then I found one preset that brought lights back. I don't know how SkyColors work, but it seems to change depending on.....? Weather? So I set it to "hialt" for the time being, and now I can see! Does that ring any bells with anyone?

4 minutes ago, axmiha said:

Does that ring any bells with anyone?

Hmm, no, this is actually the first time I hear this... normally people with that problem have installed a mod or hack at some time that makes the streetlights more bright or so - often then forgetting they ever did that.

So far your case is the first of the lighting level being messed up without the user changing art controls beforehand...

Often users are reluctant to post Log.txt files because they suspect that it really is some plugin they have installed but can´t live without, so they don´t want it to be true ;)

Jan

1 minute ago, Litjan said:

Often users are reluctant to post Log.txt files because they suspect that it really is some plugin they have installed but can´t live without, so they don´t want it to be true ;)

Jan

Ha. In that case, here it is. I'm not reluctant, I just didn't want to waste your time with some mistake of mine.

I'm noticing something else now, apparently unrelated. I'm doing the FMC and when I enter a waypoint, it hangs for a bit (longer than usual), the waypoint appears and the sound goes up and down a bit, very fast. Like a cough. I know I'm weird, sorry about that. Maybe you'll see something in the log that will make you go "aha".

Log.txt

Hi axmiha,

I didn´t spot anything dubious in your Log.txt...but I would still recommend to "remove" your plugins to a safe folder, just for a testing run - both for the weird lighting and also the sound bug.

I haven´t heard anything like that sound effect you describe, but to rule out any interference with other plugins it would be interesting to see if these issues persist if you temporarily move them out of your plugins folder?

Cheers, Jan

Unfortunately taking the plugins out didn't solve it. The only fix is to open "show sky colors" and change it either to hialt, or socked etc. Did something mess the "art controls" in the dataref editor? I mess with it only to fix the shadows in the cockpit. So maybe some of the plugins/scripts - true shade or Xvisibility - changed something there and it stayed forever in the dataref? I'm guessing a lot. But my next try would be to reinstall, trying to redo the dataref or something? What's strange is that it was fine before. It started after the last Gizmo install, which I chose the stable one. Should I go with beta? It's not a super big deal, but still....it's a deal.

Well, you can always try the latest Gizmo beta (in fact I recommend to try it, it is much more smooth in performance) - but I doubt it will influence this lighting problem.

Instead of fully re-installing X-Plane you can also delete the content of the "Output/preferences" folder...X-Plane will then make new preferences with the default values.

https://developer.x-plane.com/2016/11/you-dont-need-to-reinstall-x-plane-to-fix-it/

It is very likely that one of your shader plugins (Xvisibility or true shade) messed with those settings - and they will not be reset automatically.

I wholeheartedly advise against using any third-party plugins that changes the "looks" of X-Plane, but I know that they are very popular because people can´t stand X-Plane´s realism in making the world look like it is most of the time...dull and hazy ;-)

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

• 2 weeks later...