Hard Drive Change

daan_vb

Just a follow up, I upgraded to a SSD last year (and a 48 inch curved monitor!) and had no problems.  In fact, I left the copy of X-Plane on my old drive AND installed it on the SSD at the same time by just copying the folder over to the new drive. Ran it on both drives so I could see the difference, and have had no problems with either one since then. I have since deleted the one on the old drive and only use the SSD now...BTW, I also upgraded to the Vulkan Beta version and selected the Vulkan setting in the graphic setup and have almost doubled my FPS! That and the SSD have made an amazing improvement!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Harley said:

Just a follow up, I upgraded to a SSD last year (and a 48 inch curved monitor!) and had no problems.  In fact, I left the copy of X-Plane on my old drive AND installed it on the SSD at the same time by just copying the folder over to the new drive. Ran it on both drives so I could see the difference, and have had no problems with either one since then. I have since deleted the one on the old drive and only use the SSD now...BTW, I also upgraded to the Vulkan Beta version and selected the Vulkan setting in the graphic setup and have almost doubled my FPS! That and the SSD have made an amazing improvement!

Thank you for taking the time to reply with your experiences. Much appreciated.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 8:53 AM, daan_vb said:

Thank you for taking the time to reply with your experiences. Much appreciated.

Well, have to change a comment I made.  I've since REINSTALLED my second version of X-Plane back onto my original hard drive.  Decided to use the SSD drive only for the VR version, and since the settings are different for the VR and the desktop monitor, it's a bit easier to switch from one to the other this way.