Another CTD

brettnicholls

I see Ground Traffic (which is probably outdated for this version of X-Plane 11).  

Is it possible to disable the ground traffic at all?  If so, try disabling it.  If not, can you try at a different airport, with the same parameters, and see if you can reproduce the problem?

I am coming back to this plane after a while, everything is fine, but also getting crashes too.  It always happens about 10-15 seconds in when everything is loading.  I am not even using Active Sky or FSGRW that some people seem to suggest is the cause. I have relatively few addons with 11.41 install.   Some posts assume it is due to 3rd Party plugins.  Frankly, using common sense, this is not due to any 3rd party plugins, otherwise it would have been figured out by now.  And if it were due to a 3rd party plugin people would get these crashes with other aircraft.  Isn't happening.  I'm 99.9% sure this is some issue in TBM 900 code.  Is there not an Exception trace to determine exactly what throws the Error?

Greazer.

Sorry to debunk your 99.9% certainty , but it can very easily be due to other plugins.  Let me explain how.

First of all, we don't have the time, or the resources, to test the TBM against every single plugin available in the flight sim community.  To even suggest we do so, would be ludicrous.  What we DO know, is the TBM will work, without crashing, in a clean install of X-Plane.  The exception to this is the verified issues with the latest AMD drivers on AMD powered GPU's.  

We can attempt to work around another developers plugins, but in most cases, they must be willing to work with us but they simply point the finger of blame at us, instead of trying to figure out the problem.  The exception...Just Flight worked with us, with their new traffic add on.  To clarify, they reached out to me personally, and asked for a copy of the TBM to test their new traffic plugin against, and it works without the TBM crashing.
So, for example, using common sense in the following case, having a 3rd party weather radar plugin used in conjunction with the TBM (which has its own weather radar) could very easily cause a crash.  Using faulty terrain in a 3rd party scenery with the TBM, can, and most likely will, very easily cause a crash, due to the TBM having quite a complex terrain radar.  If it reads a scenery tile that doesn't make sense...CTD.  This isn't the TBM's fault.  The scenery needs to be done correctly for the terrain radar to be able to read it.
Using AI Traffic with the TCAS implemented in the TBM WILL cause an exception handler crash.  Which is definitely NOT due to the TBM, since the TBM doesn't use exception handlers, and this issue has been discussed, at length, with Laminar, to try to figure out what they need to change in their AI code. 

To close off, whenever there is a crash, we always ask for a log file.  And in most, if not all, cases, when we suggest removing a plugin or to change the location of the aircraft (due to corrupted scenery tiles at the previously selected airport) the crashes do stop.  

Edited by Goran_M

I mean a lot of people download Ortho4xp tiles and sim with satellite scenery.  Ortho4xp tiles include the mesh data.  Suggest to Disable the TBM terrain system (syn vision etc) and do some test flights with and without Ortho4xp tiles.  That could weed out the issue. 

Edit: I tried an airport without Ortho tiles and got the Error, so that theory is shot:

TBM900[except.c:282]: Something reinstalled our exception handler, replaced it with 0000000000000000

Greazer.

Edited by Greaser

3 hours ago, rwilsonlj said:

Want to take a guess for the reason for this CTD? Just have to say that with the other 10+ payware aircraft I own, I have had probably 3 CTD in over 2 years. With the TBM, I have lost count.

Thanks.

Log.txt 146.87 kB · 0 downloads

We're seeing a lot of CTD's with the skunkcrafts updater being run with the TBM.  We don't know why.  That'd be my first pick.  I see you also have WorldTraffic installed.  Traffic plugins are known to cause problems with the TBM.  We're working with Laminar on this.

3 hours ago, Goran_M said:

We're seeing a lot of CTD's with the skunkcrafts updater being run with the TBM.  We don't know why.  That'd be my first pick.  I see you also have WorldTraffic installed.  Traffic plugins are known to cause problems with the TBM.  We're working with Laminar on this.

Can you please do a simple test. With working TBM on Vanilla XP (no addons) - install DrGluck Terrain Radar and see if that introduces crashes.  This will determine if this addon is a problem.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/37864-terrain-radar-vertical-situation-display/

Greazer.

I experienced another CTD tonight that looks like it was TBM related.  I have attached my xplane log, but unfortunately I didn't grab the TBM log before I restarted the flight.  I had just completed an hour long multiplayer flight with someone else in the TBM as well.  I was taxiiing back to him at KTVL and then I crashed to desktop.  The log shows a caught TBM exception.  We run similar plugins (not a bunch), except that I have XPrealistic v2.  Hope this helps you track it down.

Jim

Log.txt