To-From indicators on the Ovation II (6-pack)

diamonddriller

Using the latest PB5 installation (with the Ovation II) on an iMac, running Mojave.

All the annunciatiors in the NAV2/GPS instrument don't seem to work.  I can see that there are lamps for nav or GPS, but nothing ever lights up.  There are no To/From indicators working either.

The HSI does not seem to have any to-from indicators ever appearing on the needle.  

Once or twice, I have not seen the DME working after switching on, but if I reload the plane, it is OK.  Today, I tried the beta version of Gizmo, but that did not help, and I reverted to the standard version.

Also, the fuel flow meter remains dark, but perhaps it is not simulated.

I also often get a master warning come up, but have no idea why, as everything is in the "green", and I cannot cancel the light.  I must have done something wrong, or not! :-)

Edited by diamonddriller

4 hours ago, diamonddriller said:

Using the latest PB5 installation (with the Ovation II) on an iMac, running Mojave.

All the annunciatiors in the NAV2/GPS instrument don't seem to work.  I can see that there are lamps for nav or GPS, but nothing ever lights up.  There are no To/From indicators working either.

The HSI does not seem to have any to-from indicators ever appearing on the needle.  

Once or twice, I have not seen the DME working after switching on, but if I reload the plane, it is OK.  Today, I tried the beta version of Gizmo, but that did not help, and I reverted to the standard version.

Also, the fuel flow meter remains dark, but perhaps it is not simulated.

I also often get a master warning come up, but have no idea why, as everything is in the "green", and I cannot cancel the light.  I must have done something wrong, or not! :-)

Yes, the HSI is getting a rebuild with the new 3D following Cirrus release, same with annunciations on Nav 2.

DME should be functional, same with fuel flow, can you send a screenshot of those not working, along with your log.txt?

Hi Coop,

The DME problem was only once or twice, and it may have been after another plane had been flown - which can muck things up.  I had another problem today, with PilotEdge crashing the sim as soon as I connected.  I removed the new XPRealistic Pro, and then things were OK.  The trouble is, I have too many plugins and a lot of scenery.   I have moved some of the plugins out, because things do interact. 

See your own support system for a couple of screenshots and the log.txt.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi

Did you ever fix the HSI and the Nav 2 annunciations?   Have I missed an update?  My version is PB5, but did you ever patch that?

I was flying the six-pack Ovation II yesterday, and noticed the errors again. I had forgotten about this, till I looked up the forum to see that I had already mentioned it :-)