No P-Factor

-Paul-

Hi all,

For as long as I can recall I have not experienced any p-factor during take off and/or high power. In fact, I need to apply slight left rudder during the take off run. Since the TBM is my only aircraft I fly now, I'm looking at getting it as good and realistic as is possible. 

My Hardware is a Alpha Yoke with Cessna Saitek rudder pedals

My X-Plane controller settings are (copied from Goran, as raised in another post)

image.png.d15dc196cf23c6eee0e004c80d318879.png

image.png.f3d37888bc74540a779ed7aa49f9f4f7.png

image.png.7613a6ce43851603cd326bc7b790b6d2.png

image.thumb.png.057473b0558bad1693756975d8f0941b.png

image.png.56a7b23f553f88b281136b9bc2c8b003.png

Example video https://youtu.be/nl_-GLyjSGI

Thanks.

Edited by pedwards
Added video link

Thank you Cameron. The TBM created by Hotstart is, without doubt, the best FS addon I've purchased in the 35 years of simming. Is it possible to give an option to the user to have the effect or not?

The video link below is a TBM owner talking about take off and his experience when transitioning from smaller/less powerful aircraft. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's silly to have removed it. The real thing pulls, and people need to learn to fly properly.

It's not a SIM unless it SIMULATES REALITY.

Single-engine turboprops are known for pulling - they have the greatest torque and power of any single-engine propeller driven aircraft. People must learn to handle it.

• Like 1

I'll second this also. I have 100 plus hours on it's little cousin the TB20 & although nearly no where near as powerful it did have a take off trim setting for the rudder which you certainly had to use.

Would be good to have it back. maybe as an option if possible?

It's ironic that a few of you are wanting it back.  I was getting quite a few DM's on Facebook, and I think a few here, also, asking for it to be lessened or removed.  That it was too hard to land and take off.  I'll discuss with Saso and ask him if it can be made as an option or just to bring it back as before.  

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, Goran_M said:

It's ironic that a few of you are wanting it back.  I was getting quite a few DM's on Facebook, and I think a few here, also, asking for it to be lessened or removed.  That it was too hard to land and take off.  I'll discuss with Saso and ask him if it can be made as an option or just to bring it back as before.  

Nothing ironic. We're RL pilots who noticed it's missing. It's a major feature of these aircraft (and most propeller aircraft generally).

If it can be an option, even better.

Thank you for looking at this!

I would really like to see the "realistic" P factor return to the flight model.  If a user simply could not get the hang of it XP offers a couple of ways to mitigate the "issue".  The custom control curves and the "stability" setting in the Joystick tab.  Currently, if you set the rudder trim at T/O you will need to apply left rudder on the roll.  Man, I just hate having to do that on such a wonderful model...LOL!

1 hour ago, oldflyguy said:

I would really like to see the "realistic" P factor return to the flight model.  If a user simply could not get the hang of it XP offers a couple of ways to mitigate the "issue".  The custom control curves and the "stability" setting in the Joystick tab.  Currently, if you set the rudder trim at T/O you will need to apply left rudder on the roll.  Man, I just hate having to do that on such a wonderful model...LOL!

I was wondering why the rudder trim had a green section so far to the right. When I set the rudder there the plane went a bit...off course! I’d like to have it back as an option too

On 7/2/2020 at 5:39 AM, Goran_M said:

To have the option would be great and appreciated, thanks TBM team and to other users who also expressed their preference to see a more realistic flying experience. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I appreciate that there is desire to have this. Unfortunately, the forums represent less than 1% of our user base and we must listen to the majority of feedback, which was overwhelmingly against the way things were. As such, we have no plans to move away from the current state of the aircraft.

48 minutes ago, Cameron said:

I appreciate that there is desire to have this. Unfortunately, the forums represent less than 1% of our user base and we must listen to the majority of feedback, which was overwhelmingly against the way things were. As such, we have no plans to move away from the current state of the aircraft.

Sad to hear - even the default C172 has way more P-Factor (and is harder to control on take off) than the Hot Start TBM. Although I see your reasoning, to have this as an option one day in the future would be incredible.

One of the most talented programmers (of the x-plane universum) and one of the most talented 3D - artist (of the x-plane universum) have to create one of the most advanced and best modelled aircraft for one of the flight simulator with the most realistic flight model, to reduce one of the most typical behaviour of the TBM, for making it flyable with mouse or xbox controller?

• Like 1

Ok, I've revisited this topic with Saso (programmer and flight model author), and this is the official word from both of us.  Any future questions about P-factor/propeller induced roll, will go unanswered.  I suppose the proverbial arm twisting has had an effect.

Thank you for your feedback. We're aware there are some flight dynamics missing in the takeoff department and we'll be addressing those issues in a future update.

Edited by Goran_M
  • Like 5