Assign Parking Brake Knob to Axis

SC1403

This is kind of a long shot here.. but I'm wondering if there's a way to assign the Parking Brake dial to an axis.

I just got a Thrustmaster TWCS throttle and there is a useless-looking knob under the pinky that I think might work perfectly for this.  

To clarify, I know the button assignment for that dial is toggle brakes max.  What I want to do is to simulate the rotation of the dial, as if I am using my mousewheel on it.

It will work when you use a Lua script to assign your joystick axis value to the TBM park brake manipulator dataref.

Remember that you still need to apply full brakes before setting the parking brake as per the real aircraft.

@Goran_M Just something that I've noticed whilst testing this... if you rotate the park brake knob fully clockwise without applying full brakes then you will get the master warning and PARK BRAKE annunciation.  The plane will start moving which is to be expected, but now if you apply full brakes after the knob was turned fully clockwise the park brake will suddenly activate.

Is this the behaviour of the real aircraft, or should the parking brake only activate when turning the knob whilst holding down the brakes?

12 minutes ago, jfjoubert said:

@Goran_M Just something that I've noticed whilst testing this... if you rotate the park brake knob fully clockwise without applying full brakes then you will get the master warning and PARK BRAKE annunciation.  The plane will start moving which is to be expected, but now if you apply full brakes after the knob was turned fully clockwise the park brake will suddenly activate.

Is this the behaviour of the real aircraft, or should the parking brake only activate when turning the knob whilst holding down the brakes?

From memory, this is accurate.  Pressurizing the brakes after the park brake is applied, I THINK, is possible.  But I'll have to check.