Propellers Tendancies?

LKN

Hi there,

I hope that the devs will add the propellers tendancies back for the sake of realism.

If it was too strong before -let's put that way- (based on complains from some users) the legitimate question is why this precious realistic effect is almost inexistant now in the last update? ... that I don't even need to set my rudder trim to the right before T/O

If it was "too" strong, why the effect totally disappeared? I dare to believe that if some users ask to delete some failures because they are not comfortable with or else that there is a limit where you won't yield to that.

Please is it possible to have this effect back?

Minute 6.54 on the video to mark my point ;-)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It wasn't "too strong" - people need to learn how to use the rudder and rudder trim! I'd argue it wasn't enough (takeoff rudder trim still overpowered p-factor).

If the aircraft is trimmed correctly, the rudder input required should be minimal, except for the initial roll before the rudder becomes effective.

As a real-life pilot, this dumbing of simulators in this way really grinds. The real thing pulls, and requires the pilot to be...a pilot, and actually fly the thing.

Edited by EGT
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

As a real TBM pilot, this is the single most critical element of a good simulator. It has caused the most TBM accidents as per this report:

https://www.bea.aero/uploads/tx_scalaetudessecurite/loss.of.control.on.fast.single.engine.turboprop.aircraft.en_04.pdf

Removing P-Factor and delayed spool time of the turbine from idle will potentially mean TBM pilots should not use the simulator. May I please ask that the delayed pool and torque effects are correctly modelled as I do need them for practise?

p.s. how it is possible to also model the delayed spool time and correctly when the p-factor kicks in?

Edited by TBMpilot
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2020 at 8:37 PM, TBMpilot said:

May I please ask that the delayed pool and torque effects are correctly modelled as I do need them for practise?

Thank you!

I wish you have an anwser... Last time I did ask was on June 22th so that nobody can say that we are not patient. It's not asking for the moon but just to put this effect back for the sake of realism which is supposed to be the philosophy of Hot Start, am I wrong?

Edited by LKN
  • Like 1

Hi @oldflyguy Unfortunately I think the same, after so many requests, that's the silence in front! Except that on June 23th we had this reply :

On 6/23/2020 at 4:35 PM, Goran_M said:

We'll take a look and discuss

which is a tiny source of hopes... Maybe they're still discussing! hh who knows?  ... Indeed it should have been done before if the devs really felt concerned... But here we are Captain!

2 minutes ago, LKN said:

Indeed it should have been done before if the devs really felt concerned

I caught a Discord conversation with totoritko back when the P factor was modeled and some folks were complaining about control.  He said he could "fix" that but "you probably won't like it" or something very close to that.  He was correct! :D  Well, we can always hope.  Still, it's an outstanding piece of work!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2020 at 4:35 PM, Goran_M said:

We'll take a look and discuss.

Hi Goran,

I believe it is legitimate to ask again because we are on October means 4 months after your reply, so what is about it? You guys did discuss based on your response but there is any update news around concerning the P Factor? so I ask again...

Thank you to provide an accurate answer as much as possible ;-)

• 1 month later...

Disappointing response given the sheer amount of realism applied to this aircraft.  Would be very appreciative if you would reconsider -  not requiring any rudder to counter the effects of torque and prop wash during takeoff diminishes the sense of realism that we as pilots look forward to and appreciate- it’s why we bought this sim :)

• Like 1