Let's sell some Skymaxx!

quijote

I recently bought Skymaxx and already own all of the weather programs for Xplane. Skymaxx is in a class of it's own. But nobody uses it. Why? Because it is expensive and there is no demo.

If you want to quintuple Skymaxx sales, create a demo download that works for a week and then requires an activation code. Clearly, you will also have to do this with the Real Weather Connector. Many software designers already do this. If people can see what it does, they will buy it in droves! I can't believe that you guys are letting other programs get all the attention. What sells addons is word of mouth on the forums and you need more disciples than just me. Once people get their hands on this, the buzz will grow exponentially. 

Edited by quijote
new idea
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, quijote said:

I recently bought Skymaxx and already own all of the weather programs for Xplane. Skymaxx is in a class of it's own. But nobody uses it. Why? Because it is expensive and there is no demo.

If you want to quintuple Skymaxx sales, create a demo download that works for a week and then requires an activation code. Clearly, you will also have to do this with the Real Weather Connector. Many software designers already do this. If people can see what it does, they will buy it in droves! I can't believe that you guys are letting other programs get all the attention. What sells addons is word of mouth on the forums and you need more disciples than just me. Once people get their hands on this, the buzz will grow exponentially. 

I enjoy the enthusiasm and thank you for your suggestions and feelings.....I couldn’t agree more!

With that said we do very well, maybe we attract the silent majority? Constant updates, the most complete weather interpretation in XP, third party support and a ton of great features speak for themselves :) 

Nobody uses it? I think lots of users use the program however a demo could be a good a idea and speaking of suggestions (I could be bypassing some commercial strategies of yours, sorry) perhaps is time to put RWC and SMP in one standalone program (2 programs may be confusing for some).

These kind words have made my day :) And I appreciate the ideas.

Some of the forums and groups are affiliated with our competitors, which is why you don't hear a lot about SkyMaxx Pro in certain circles. We really value word of mouth between enthusiasts like yourselves. Thank you!

Skymaxx has a somewhat feeble presence on Facebook. I am currently in about 10 groups on Facebook - X-plane and VR related. Every once in a while someone mentions Skymaxx, but it is getting less than 10% of the conversation. Word of mouth is golden! People buy on recommendations. 

Having a demo in such a competitive niche would make a big difference. You have so many competitors, freeware included. Your relatively high price point is a very significant barrier. If people could try it for free, you would get a lot more buzz on the web and a lot more sales because the product warrants that. But with so much competition, you need to do more to get your share.... or you could just muddle along and congratulate yourselves for what you have already sold. A demo program would multiply sales by at least 4!

11 minutes ago, quijote said:

Skymaxx has a somewhat feeble presence on Facebook. I am currently in about 10 groups on Facebook - X-plane and VR related. Every once in a while someone mentions Skymaxx, but it is getting less than 10% of the conversation. Word of mouth is golden! People buy on recommendations. 

Having a demo in such a competitive niche would make a big difference. You have so many competitors, freeware included. Your relatively high price point is a very significant barrier. If people could try it for free, you would get a lot more buzz on the web and a lot more sales because the product warrants that. But with so much competition, you need to do more to get your share.... or you could just muddle along and congratulate yourselves for what you have already sold. A demo program would multiply sales by at least 4!

Nobody is sitting around patting ourselves on the back....We are constantly updating and improving our offering and have been doing so for years...

The demo is a moot point, demos get hacked and offering that type of distribution increases those odds....

Also Facebook isn’t as strong as you might think, I run very pinpointed ads occasionally as a means to get info out there and Flight Sim groups are really not that busy....Also it’s up to users on a social media platform to highlight their love for our product that’s how it works, if we are not part of that dialog, such is life. SMP is doing very well....

I do appreciate your thoughts on the subject though just offering my inside perspective over the years of marketing I have done.... 

20 minutes ago, quijote said:

Having a demo in such a competitive niche would make a big difference. You have so many competitors, freeware included. Your relatively high price point is a very significant barrier.

The sales figures contradict your assumptions, but thanks for the enthusiasm. :)

As a whole, your theory is quite wrong though and the user base of SkyMaxx Pro is considerably large.

I agree it's tricky.  I'm here because on the strength of a youtube video I purchased a competitor's product which was advertised as VR and X-Plane beta/Vulkan compatible... well unfortunately there are a lot of issues and unresolved visual anomalies so I uninstalled... but good luck to them of course as I'm sure it's not easy. 

Then, just a few days ago I read mention of SkyMaxx Pro, and with the beta listed on your web site with latest compatibility I took a deep breath and decided to take the plunge.  I went for SkyMaxx Pro, RWC along with Active Sky and for anyone else in a similar boat, I've found those 3 products work very nicely with Oculus Rift S and X-Plane 11.50b11 in Vulkan rendering mode...  ok I'm just a few days in but feeling very positive about it - I just wish I'd come across SkyMaxx Pro before the competitor's product which would have saved me some monies. :)  Anyway, I guess the point is, youtube videos can be powerful influences, so putting out new content there would be another option, particularly right now when people are wondering what works with the latest betas of X-Plane.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, BlackBeltMike said:

I agree it's tricky.  I'm here because on the strength of a youtube video I purchased a competitor's product which was advertised as VR and X-Plane beta/Vulkan compatible... well unfortunately there are a lot of issues and unresolved visual anomalies so I uninstalled... but good luck to them of course as I'm sure it's not easy. 

Then, just a few days ago I read mention of SkyMaxx Pro, and with the beta listed on your web site with latest compatibility I took a deep breath and decided to take the plunge.  I went for SkyMaxx Pro, RWC along with Active Sky and for anyone else in a similar boat, I've found those 3 products work very nicely with Oculus Rift S and X-Plane 11.50b11 in Vulkan rendering mode...  ok I'm just a few days in but feeling very positive about it - I just wish I'd come across SkyMaxx Pro before the competitor's product which would have saved me some monies. :)  Anyway, I guess the point is, youtube videos can be powerful influences, so putting out new content there would be another option, particularly right now when people are wondering what works with the latest betas of X-Plane.

I can get behind that especially in regards to our collaboration with FSGRW and HiFi.

The biggest challenge has been trying to explain how we’ve gotten past the 3 layer limit in X-Plane and the various cloud types that are available if you use the above mentioned weather injectors.....

• Like 1