How to switch between Reality XP GTN and default xplane GPS?

tbaac

Hi.  The automatic switching worked for me and it loaded the GTN GPS devices automatically.  That's really neat.  But is it possible to go back to the default gauges if needed?  The manual seems to mention selecting them from the plugins menu but I wasn't sure how.

The reason I might want to do this is because the GTN database may be out of date so it may be better for one flight to use the default GPS.

Thanks very much.

Edited by tbaac
Better title

8 hours ago, tbaac said:

Hi.  The automatic switching worked for me and it loaded the GTN GPS devices automatically.  That's really neat.  But is it possible to go back to the default gauges if needed?  The manual seems to mention selecting them from the plugins menu but I wasn't sure how.

The reason I might want to do this is because the GTN database may be out of date so it may be better for one flight to use the default GPS.

Thanks very much.

don't know if this helps, but have you tried deactivating the RXP plugin.?

• Like 1

Thanks JetNoise.

I realised that the manual pretty much tells you what to do anyway though.

(if the GTN versions don't get activated automatically:) "Simply select them from the Plugins menu, and assign any of the 7xx to GTN1 and any of the 6xx to GTN2."

Well, to turn them off (and go back to the default xplane versions) you can just click on the item again in the plugins menu.  So I just had the GNS530 with the GTN650 next to it (as I didn't bother changing that during the test).  It even lets you make the change mid-flight, although I did lose my flight plan when I tried it (not a complaint, obviously).

Thanks.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, tbaac said:

Thanks JetNoise.

I realised that the manual pretty much tells you what to do anyway though.

(if the GTN versions don't get activated automatically:) "Simply select them from the Plugins menu, and assign any of the 7xx to GTN1 and any of the 6xx to GTN2."

Well, to turn them off (and go back to the default xplane versions) you can just click on the item again in the plugins menu.  So I just had the GNS530 with the GTN650 next to it (as I didn't bother changing that during the test).  It even lets you make the change mid-flight, although I did lose my flight plan when I tried it (not a complaint, obviously).

Thanks.

Great, so thats sorted ;-)  

Oliver