Engine won't start, any idea what I'm doing wrong?

tbaac

Fuel is in the tanks.  Fuel selectors are set.  Aux fuel pumps on and the gauges show fuel pressure.

I've got props and mixtures forward.  EXT SUPPLY switch is up.  Mags are either No1 both on or all 4 mags on (tried both).

Throttles cracked.  When I try moving the starter switch the blades rotate and it sounds a bit like its trying but the engine won't start.

The manual mentions priming but I haven't seen that in videos I've watched and it didn't seem to help me.  Is that a bad idea?

I've clicked the recharge battery as well but it didn't help.

Any ideas?  Thanks very much.

56 minutes ago, tbaac said:

Fuel is in the tanks.  Fuel selectors are set.  Aux fuel pumps on and the gauges show fuel pressure.

I've got props and mixtures forward.  EXT SUPPLY switch is up.  Mags are either No1 both on or all 4 mags on (tried both).

Throttles cracked.  When I try moving the starter switch the blades rotate and it sounds a bit like its trying but the engine won't start.

The manual mentions priming but I haven't seen that in videos I've watched and it didn't seem to help me.  Is that a bad idea?

I've clicked the recharge battery as well but it didn't help.

Any ideas?  Thanks very much.

Most likely the engines got flooded with too much fuel, make sure to have the fuel pump be turned on only right before starting each engine side to prevent flooding. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Since update to version 1.1.1 I am not able to start any engine. Behavior is as decribed in the first post by @tbaac. I've tried every solution posted in this thread without success. I even tested with both Gizmo Beta and Gizmo stable.

There are no errors in log.txt.

Any other ideas? Thank's a lot in advance,

Christian

Edited by charraeus

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, charraeus said:

And again I am not able to start any engine ... :-( Any ideas? I do not want to do another 2-3 installations again.

The Islander just uses the X-Plane engine model, there shouldn't be anything on our end that could stop this (unless Gizmo is not activating the plane, I would need to see the log.txt to know). You can try deleting the file "BN-2B Islander_prefs.txt" in the main Islander folder, and "persist.cfg" and "settings.cfg" in Islander plugins/is_systems/settings. These should reset the plane to the as-installed condition.