No Power

scotfleiger

Despite being able to operate the battery and external supply/isolation switches and charging the battery, I get no response from any of the lights, instruments or avionics. Absolutely nothing! Why won't this aircraft work? Where is the get you started instructions? And yes I have worked my way through the AIM and check lists.

PS. Also no fuel is shown in the aircraft window.

Edited by scotfleiger

7 minutes ago, Ch.Cole said:

Might be some dual binding from your periphery overriding switches.

Thank you for that steer. I did have my Saitek Panels binded to some switches. I now control over power now. But why should an external device have control over the internal switches? Is this an XP11 thing? Never happens in P3D.

Edited by scotfleiger

31 minutes ago, Ch.Cole said:

Some things come with strange axis assignments. Maybe some of the switches were bound to some functions that overrode some settings.

Things are still not right. I have unassigned all device switches to remove any possibility of interference. The fuel selectors (red and green) keep going back to OFF as does the rotary GEN1/BAT/GEN2 selector (bottom of instrument panel). I can turn the starters with autostart with no result (no start) but the Start Selector has no effect. This is getting ridiculous - it should not be this difficult. 

4 hours ago, scotfleiger said:

Things are still not right. I have unassigned all device switches to remove any possibility of interference. The fuel selectors (red and green) keep going back to OFF as does the rotary GEN1/BAT/GEN2 selector (bottom of instrument panel). I can turn the starters with autostart with no result (no start) but the Start Selector has no effect. This is getting ridiculous - it should not be this difficult. 

Can you send your log.txt file? This sounds like behavior that only triggers when the plugin isn't being activated by Gizmo.

I did another un/re-install but this time I selected the stable Gizmo plugin. I had to for the first time enter my X-Aviation details on the XP11 main screen. The Islander controls (fuel tanks, battery, etc) are now responding and I am able to start the engines.

Edited by scotfleiger

Hello,

very good plane but, I am having to reinstall after every restart of X-Plane. The fuel cocks (red and green) keep going back to OFF as does the rotary GEN1/BAT/GEN2 selector (bottom of instrument panel). I can move the starters with no result (no start left or right). All switch's move but don't activate anything. In aircraft popup no fuel and unable to move the slider, if put fuel in via X-Plane still shows nil as do the fuel gauges in panel. After reinstall all work well, have tried gizmo64 beta, staple and download from web all work then after restart of X-Plane it fails also on restart  it defaults to X-Plane GPS not Reality XP GNS's. If I reinstall all works once, if I reinstall gizmo64 all works once.

I have Thrustmaster warthog Hotas and one Saitek throttle quadrant with Goflight mcp, LGT11 annd several switch panels. X-Plane 11 v11.41r via steam. Log file attached.

Hoping for a solution regards Dave H (EGHD)

log.txt

@Dave_h I also have the Saitek Switch panels with the XSaitekPanels plugin. I found I have to disable/remove this plugin for the BN2B to work. I suspect there is a conflict with the Gizmo plugin. I have been investigating modifying the XSaitekPanel configuration but each time I have had to disable the plugin to fly the aircraft.

Edited by scotfleiger

6 hours ago, Dave_h said:

Hello,

very good plane but, I am having to reinstall after every restart of X-Plane. The fuel cocks (red and green) keep going back to OFF as does the rotary GEN1/BAT/GEN2 selector (bottom of instrument panel). I can move the starters with no result (no start left or right). All switch's move but don't activate anything. In aircraft popup no fuel and unable to move the slider, if put fuel in via X-Plane still shows nil as do the fuel gauges in panel. After reinstall all work well, have tried gizmo64 beta, staple and download from web all work then after restart of X-Plane it fails also on restart  it defaults to X-Plane GPS not Reality XP GNS's. If I reinstall all works once, if I reinstall gizmo64 all works once.

I have Thrustmaster warthog Hotas and one Saitek throttle quadrant with Goflight mcp, LGT11 annd several switch panels. X-Plane 11 v11.41r via steam. Log file attached.

Hoping for a solution regards Dave H (EGHD)

log.txt 12.89 MB · 3 downloads

The Gizmo plugin does not appear to be loaded/installed. This plugin is installed inside the global plugin directory and cannot be remove as it is what activates the aircraft.

Edited by Coop

On 6/25/2020 at 5:15 AM, Dave_h said:

Hi,

tried another flight late last night and same error on loading plane no power or fuel, attached new log again

Help

Dave H

Log3.txt 317.64 kB · 5 downloads

This latest log again does not show Gizmo plugin being installed. X-Plane plugins shouldn't be deleting themselves, so my guess would be some overactive antivirus seeing a false positive.