Update Deletes Liveries :(

dresoccer4

I just ran the updated Islander install, and it deleted all of my existing liveries :(
Usually updater leave extra files alone so this sort of situation doesn't happen. Maybe you could include that as a feature in future updates, because it's quite a bummer to have to now go find all of the liveries I've discovered (and now dont even remember which ones)

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Coop said:

Hm, that shouldn't happen. We are trying to replicate it, but the installer is not doing that on our end.

If it helps, you can find a list of all the community liveries (that at least we know about) here: http://torquesim.com/islander-liveries/ :) 

thanks, i did find that link after i posted the OP. these are the ones i was after:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/61325-puerto-rico-islanders-liveries-for-torquesim-bn2-islander/

But hmm strange you don't see that behavior. I was watching the install folder and saw the entire TorqueSim BN-2 Islander folder disappear then reappear

4 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

thanks, i did find that link after i posted the OP. these are the ones i was after:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/61325-puerto-rico-islanders-liveries-for-torquesim-bn2-islander/

But hmm strange you don't see that behavior. I was watching the install folder and saw the entire TorqueSim BN-2 Islander folder disappear then reappear

Odd, @Cameron any ideas on what could be causing this?

2 hours ago, youretootall said:

When I ran the update, the installer deleted my entire BN-2 aircraft folder as well.  This is the only X-Aviation installer I have seen do that.

1 hour ago, Tassierob said:

The same for me as well. It deleted everything including my X-camera files, G5 and custom liveries. Luckily  I had made a backup first.

thanks for the confirmation guys. good to know i'm not crazy :D

• Like 1

16 hours ago, miker916 said:

same for me, all liveries and black panel gone

The 3rd party Black panel is not compatible with the new version at the moment...it is work in progress. But in most planes when you replace individual in the main aircraft folders it will be automatically updated and your personal changes deleted.

• Like 1