Licence win 10 Update

mjrhealth

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, LKN said:

Same here never happened, don't know what to do, it asks to FREEZE my machine, never have this sort of message?!

Hopefully you've entered useful names for each machine that help you remember which each one is.

Choose the oldest item for the machine that you want to re-register and freeze that one.

If you have multiple machines and chose not to name any of them for the DRM system your choice is going to be harder.

Choosing the oldest item is still generally going to be the safest.

2 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

If you have multiple machines and chose not to name any of them for the DRM system your choice is going to be harder.

Choosing the oldest item is still generally going to be the safest.

Tks for your anwser ...I have no single idea why makes this happen? It never happened before so what is the reason? I have only one machine one pc the same as usual, I never changed my password and user name email which works but it goes to the other window and ask my name and the name of the machine. I know my name and the name of my machine but it doesn't work! I mean it, it doesn't work since I update windows yesterday and didn't have any issue with other paywares or any security issue anyways so what's going on?

I used since years just to tape my email and my password, I have no idea which name I tape years ago concerning the name of my machine which is the same name but it doesn't work as well and I never had to do it again if I had to do it years ago? Thereis one single name of my machine...I never had to face this security matter! Just my email and my password were enough to use my products. What's going on then? Because I updated Windows as I used to? I don't understand. I've tried the name of my machine that never changed and it doesn't work, I've tried lkn it doesn't work as well? So how can I use all the products I paid for? Again since yesterday I used to tape my email and my password and was able to fly as it supposed to! So can someone tells me what this happen because I'm lost and I really don't understand which is frustrating... I've sent a ticket, hopefully it will be ok tomorrow because from my perspective it's not fair at all and very ennoying, how could it be different?

Edited by LKN

Upgrades to Win10 will occasionally reset the Windows install date. 

This date stamp, measured down to the second, is part of the data used to identify each machine uniquely and ensures that it is extremely unlikely that your machine ID matches with a random stranger's. 

As above:

Use the machine naming feature to give your systems meaningful names. 

Retire the oldest item in the list. 

If you are still unsure of how to proceed please file a support ticket with x-aviation so that your records can be reviewed before you freeze

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 2:54 PM, Ben Russell said:

If you are still unsure of how to proceed please file a support ticket with x-aviation so that your records can be reviewed before you freeze

Hi Ben,

I was far away form my sim during 3 days, I saw that @Cameron answered to my support very quickly and gave me a good information to deal with this issue so I'll try later and it should be ok to process safely by de-authorizing/FREEZE. Thank you for your support guys, I'll let you know later how it goes ;-)

19 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

Did 3 times

Did 3 times WHAT? Because your last support ticket was July 18th, and it was resolved same day. Just want to be clear here.

Aside from that, answers are in this thread as to what's going on. It's not too hard to understand with the explanations already given.

2 hours ago, Cameron said:

Did 3 times WHAT? Because your last support ticket was July 18th, and it was resolved same day. Just want to be clear here.

Aside from that, answers are in this thread as to what's going on. It's not too hard to understand with the explanations already given.

Well I never raised a ticket first time, ticket was raised because it happened a few times, and I already figured out it had to be win ten doing something stupid. shouldnt need to raise a ticket every time, and this is a discussion about what is happening. No more.

10 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Well I never raised a ticket first time, ticket was raised because it happened a few times, and I already figured out it had to be win ten doing something stupid. shouldnt need to raise a ticket every time, and this is a discussion about what is happening. No more.

I already explained what win 10 is doing. 

1 minute ago, mjrhealth said:

I know I can read. But it could be that a simple check like, has hardware id changed, no, has MS$ stamp changed yes. Is ok. Thank goodness last update didnt break anything

Checking for changed hardware is a lot harder than checking what time Windows was installed.

It's also more likely to lead to clashing machine ID's.

Would you really want a DRM that went off every time you fiddled with your RAM load out? Or would you rather deal with an occasional bump in the road every 3 months when MS did an Update that's internationally well known in timing.