X-Plane crash - TBM 900

Manuel Correia

Manuel, just try what Goran recommended to me and it improved a lot the operation of the plane.

Try to remove from the plugin folder most of the plugins (especially the ones dealing with AI, like Live Traffic, XPRealistic, gates and other), copy them in a backup folder outside X-Plane folder.

Try and see if you still get crashes.

Also, if you use the beta, try both Vulkan and OpenGL and see if there are improvements. Also, try playing a bit with the graphics settings.

You can try other add-on planes, if you have, and see if the X-Plane crashes still

2 hours ago, Micslmn said:

Just purchased this plane on Monday and have yet to even climb pass 2000ft in this thing before a CTD. Nothing in the logs as to why Xplane CTD's. I'm not running Vulkan, I've had a CTD at every phase on the ground right through takeoff.

Inlcude the Log.txt anyway.

All X-Plane plugins share the same memory pool and some are known or suspected to cause conflicts and errors.

What seems like nothing to you often contains a wealth of information for us.

A couple of things.  Don't enable any AI aircraft when flying the TBM.  Secondly, if that doesn't help, then move all your plugins out of the plugin directory except Gizmo.  See how that goes, and if that fixes the problem, restore them one by one until you find the culprit.

Unrelated to your real problem, but you and I both have Skyline Simulations KLGB airport and it ships with a plugin directory that causes the loading of the scenery to generate errors.  You should delete the whole plugin directory within the KLGB scenery.  (This from Chris at Skyline.)  Doing so will allow some other, smaller, errors to surface!  No word about what to do about those.

12 hours ago, r2500 said:

A couple of things.  Don't enable any AI aircraft when flying the TBM.  Secondly, if that doesn't help, then move all your plugins out of the plugin directory except Gizmo.  See how that goes, and if that fixes the problem, restore them one by one until you find the culprit.

Unrelated to your real problem, but you and I both have Skyline Simulations KLGB airport and it ships with a plugin directory that causes the loading of the scenery to generate errors.  You should delete the whole plugin directory within the KLGB scenery.  (This from Chris at Skyline.)  Doing so will allow some other, smaller, errors to surface!  No word about what to do about those.

Dear r2500

Thanks a lot for the help. I followed your advice and it works.
I do not have Skyline Simulations KLGB installed on XP-11.
Grateful, best regards

Manuel Correia

Glad that helped.

Curious about KLGB.  Take a look at the Log.txt you posted.  You'll find a line
    "Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/Skyline Simulations KLGB Long Beach/plugins'
and more follow related to KLGB.  Sure looks like KLGB snuck in!

3 hours ago, r2500 said:

Glad that helped.

Curious about KLGB.  Take a look at the Log.txt you posted.  You'll find a line
    "Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/Skyline Simulations KLGB Long Beach/plugins'
and more follow related to KLGB.  Sure looks like KLGB snuck in!

Thanks but, doesn’t explain why I’m not having the issue with any other aircraft. Is there a dev reasoning behind how the KLGB plugin could be interfering with the TBM product specifically? Or is this speculation?

4 hours ago, Micslmn said:

Thanks but, doesn’t explain why I’m not having the issue with any other aircraft. Is there a dev reasoning behind how the KLGB plugin could be interfering with the TBM product specifically? Or is this speculation?

Your last log file doesn't show a crash, so we can't see what's going on.  

Another thing, we ask people to not compare add ons.  All add ons are created differently, and some have more code and systems than others.  Some have more detail than others.  For example, I've seen X-Plane crash for some people due to scenery.  They said the same thing.  It doesn't happen with any other aircraft.  The difference is, the TBM has a terrain radar, which reads X-Planes terrain data.  If that terrain data is corrupt, a crash is likely to happen due to the TBM's terrain radar trying to read something that is corrupted.  Other add ons won't do it because they don't have a terrain radar.

Just report the problems as you come across them.  Include a log file, and we'll do our best to find the problem.

Edited by Goran_M

2 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Your last log file doesn't show a crash, so we can't see what's going on.  

Another thing, we ask people to not compare add ons.  All add ons are created differently, and some have more code and systems than others.  Some have more detail than others.  For example, I've seen X-Plane crash for some people due to scenery.  They said the same thing.  It doesn't happen with any other aircraft.  The difference is, the TBM has a terrain radar, which reads X-Planes terrain data.  If that terrain data is corrupt, a crash is likely to happen due to the TBM's terrain radar trying to read something that is corrupted.  Other add ons won't do it because they don't have a terrain radar.

Just report the problems as you come across them.  Include a log file, and we'll do our best to find the problem.

Thanks for the info. That’s part of the problem, the CTD’s are happening with no warning, publishing nothing to the logs about the crash, or showing up in the windows logs. I’ve flown pretty much the same routes or around the same areas since I’ve purchased the product last week, I’ve been able to complete some flights, but the majority end up as a CTD. Hard to believe that the crashes wouldn’t be more consistent if it was truly due to terrain radar and corrupted scenery files, if my installed scenery doesn’t differ from flight to flight. I’ll try doing some flights on the East Coast and see what happens. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, N265AB said:

I've been experiencing X-plane crashes for the past week since purchasing the TBM. I've attached my log file and some other files for reference.

Question: I'm using XPRealistic. Should I disable this when flying the TBM? Or is it compatible?

Thanks.

Where is the log file?  There is nothing attached in your post.

The very first concern I have is your GPU drivers are very out of date.  This could, very well, be causing the crashes.  I see in your log file in here that you've updated them, so try loading it again and see if the crashes persist.

Failing that, try loading the TBM at SCIP, and doing a few circuits.  If it doesn't crash, I would put it down to the 3rd party scenery causing the crash.

If it still crashes, post back with another log file.

9 minutes ago, Micslmn said:

XP Realistic isn’t the issue. I’ve tried deactivating each of my plugins one by one including XP Realistic and still have crashes. Anyways I’ve since uninstalled XPlane. Off to MFS2020. 

De-activating plugins will not solve the problem.  You need to remove them completely.  If you keep them in the plugins folder, they still get loaded.

Enjoy FS2020.  

17 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

De-activating plugins will not solve the problem.  You need to remove them completely.  If you keep them in the plugins folder, they still get loaded.

Enjoy FS2020.  

They were removed completely. My apologies for using deactivate and uninstalled synonymously but point of the matter is, this aircraft never worked for me from day one regardless of everything I was asked to try to help alleviate the CTD’s. Never seen a product in all my years of flight simming that didn’t point to anything even remotely that would cause a CTD. 

I will enjoy MFS, thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Micslmn said:

They were removed completely. My apologies for using deactivate and uninstalled synonymously but point of the matter is, this aircraft never worked for me from day one regardless of everything I was asked to try to help alleviate the CTD’s. Never seen a product in all my years of flight simming that didn’t point to anything even remotely that would cause a CTD. 

I will enjoy MFS, thank you. 

So, after checking your post history, of which all of them are in this thread, I have not seen a single log file from you that shows a crash.  The only log you posted shows a clean exit from the TBM and a clean shut down of the sim.  So either the crashes you are experiencing are absolutely unique to your system, where the log shows no crash, but the sim crashes anyway, or something else is going on.  But I'm not one to speculate without evidence.  Either way, we can't help you if you can't provide what we need for us to help you.

I'll consider your issue closed until you provide what we ask for.  

1 hour ago, Goran_M said:

The very first concern I have is your GPU drivers are very out of date.  This could, very well, be causing the crashes.  I see in your log file in here that you've updated them, so try loading it again and see if the crashes persist.

Failing that, try loading the TBM at SCIP, and doing a few circuits.  If it doesn't crash, I would put it down to the 3rd party scenery causing the crash.

If it still crashes, post back with another log file.

Ok, thank you, will do. Just curious, why SCIP?