No G5 and switches not working

pizzicar

3 hours ago, pizzicar said:

Installed the BN-2 and then the G5. The G5 does not show up in the BN-2 but does in the included C172-SP. I can't move the switches in the aircraft.

Try these steps. I think running the per-aircraft installer is wiping out the Islander G5 config file (when there is a patch, running the per-aircraft installer is not necessary):

1. Rerun Islander installer
  2. Download Islander G5 patch
  3. Copy files of Islander G5 patch to the Islander folder
  4. Do not run the per-aircraft installer.

Let me know how this works!

Just to close out the topic on a high note - made the flight with the G5 from Key West FL to Grand Bahamas (MYGF). Great flight - all systems seemed to be functioning great and although the first landing was a bit scary not knowing what to expect, I followed the check list and made a smooth landing. Grats on a great plane and look forward to continued development.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pizzicar said:

Just to close out the topic on a high note - made the flight with the G5 from Key West FL to Grand Bahamas (MYGF). Great flight - all systems seemed to be functioning great and although the first landing was a bit scary not knowing what to expect, I followed the check list and made a smooth landing. Grats on a great plane and look forward to continued development.

Glad it was a good flight :) 

Hello,

I downloaded and installed the BN-2 Islander. The switches don't work (ie. they don't move when clicked, although you get the clonk noise) , though the primary controls & power levers do.

Tried reinstalling, after a complete re-download, but no joy. Also tried it with the stable version instead of the Gizmo beta 20, but again no joy.

Gizmo log attached.

Many thanks

GizmoLog.txt

1 hour ago, Enrit said:

Hello,

I downloaded and installed the BN-2 Islander. The switches don't work (ie. they don't move when clicked, although you get the clonk noise) , though the primary controls & power levers do.

Tried reinstalling, after a complete re-download, but no joy. Also tried it with the stable version instead of the Gizmo beta 20, but again no joy.

Gizmo log attached.

Many thanks

GizmoLog.txt 3.3 kB · 0 downloads

That sounds most likely to be a missing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. You can follow the guide here to get that installed: https://torquesim.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/topic/81283878-8875-4bdf-90fa-f832f9b98002/article/128188431