TBM 900 - ILS Localizer has dissapeared.

Rob Laird

Can confirm that ILS doesnt work at all....makes no different which airport I choose.....;)

So has somebody the latest AIRAC which works with the TBM?

@Goran: Fully understand your point of view but the ILS issue is a essential and important point. Especially now in the present season with low visibility procedures and fog....if you cant fly a ILS you cant use this aircraft at the moment. For me this is more important as the rain fix. Thx ;-)

Edited by jetset

21 minutes ago, jetset said:

@Goran: Fully understand your point of view but the ILS issue is a essential and important point. Especially now in the present season with low visibility procedures and fog....if you cant fly a ILS you cant use this aircraft at the moment. For me this is more important as the rain fix. Thx ;-)

I understand and appreciate that, but if we put out an update that fixes the ILS only, and then have everyone download that update, and chew up $$$$$'s worth of bandwidth, and THEN put out an update that addresses everything else, costing X-Aviation double the amount in bandwidth charges, you can see how this would not be economically wise.  

There are 2 outstanding issues that were fixed and are part of the latest beta, which got sent out last night.  If all goes well, a full update, that addresses EVERYTHING, will be out in the next few days/weeks.  And just to add, librain is now working under all operating systems.

• Upvote 2

Has this issue been addressed?  I updated my navigraph client today and updated my nav data and did a rescan which ended up replacing (from what it looks like) the xplane 11 data to an xplane 11.50+ version and the ILS on the Hotstart TBM 900 doesn’t work.  It seems to be the i ly aircraft that I have that doesn’t work, and perhaps it’s a Hot Start issue, but if I could roll back to xplane 11 version instead of the 11.50+ I could at least use the TBM ILS function.  Thanks for your help and any update that you can provide.  I did go through the steps of updating my client, clearing the selections in the client, saving, rescanning and only installing the XP11.5+ data, but that didn’t help.  

**update**. for some reason, at least one or more posts above were not showing at the time I posted my question...  so sorry there is some duplication.  Sounds like it’s still being worked on?

Jon Smith

Edited by jsmitty25
Didn’t see all responses when I posted

2 hours ago, Goran_M said:

I understand and appreciate that, but if we put out an update that fixes the ILS only, and then have everyone download that update, and chew up $$$$$'s worth of bandwidth, and THEN put out an update that addresses everything else, costing X-Aviation double the amount in bandwidth charges, you can see how this would not be economically wise.  

There are 2 outstanding issues that were fixed and are part of the latest beta, which got sent out last night.  If all goes well, a full update, that addresses EVERYTHING, will be out in the next few days/weeks.  And just to add, librain is now working under all operating systems.

Thx Goran for your quick reply. We all are looking foward to the Update which comes hopefully asap.

The ONLY thing that needs to be said in this topic is the TBM is actively and constantly worked on, including a beta test with 100 beta testers to ensure when we send to ALL of our customers things go smoothly. Until that moment of approval comes from the testers, this update will not be released.

8 hours ago, Cameron said:

The ONLY thing that needs to be said in this topic is the TBM is actively and constantly worked on, including a beta test with 100 beta testers to ensure when we send to ALL of our customers things go smoothly. Until that moment of approval comes from the testers, this update will not be released.

I’d be happy to be a beta tester (I’m sure you have plenty of offers).  I have a good machine, lots of good flight sim hardware and know how to test and troubleshoot systems and find and verify bugs and test systems in different situations.  Reach out if you’d like any specifics if you’re looking for another tester.

1 hour ago, jsmitty25 said:

I’d be happy to be a beta tester (I’m sure you have plenty of offers).  I have a good machine, lots of good flight sim hardware and know how to test and troubleshoot systems and find and verify bugs and test systems in different situations.  Reach out if you’d like any specifics if you’re looking for another tester.

Jump in the discord and ask "totoritko" if you can be a tester.

Hi. I would like to apply for the TBM beta testing. I can offer plenty of Xplane experience, multiple hardware addons like honeycomb, Saitek etc. 
Furthermore I am a real pilot holding a current CPL/IR with ATPL credit. Would be happy to support the Hotstart Team in the Beta Phase in order to improve this amazing aircraft. Thank you

3 hours ago, Aviator1976 said:

Hi. I would like to apply for the TBM beta testing. I can offer plenty of Xplane experience, multiple hardware addons like honeycomb, Saitek etc. 
Furthermore I am a real pilot holding a current CPL/IR with ATPL credit. Would be happy to support the Hotstart Team in the Beta Phase in order to improve this amazing aircraft. Thank you

As long as you already have a current version, ask totoritko here, and if we need you, he'll hook you up..  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JumboAg said:

I just bought the TBM today and on my first flight ran into the localizer issue into 34L @ UHPP.  Assumed I was doing something wrong since the plane's new to me.  Glad to know it's not me but a known issue and is being worked on for a fix.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2020 at 7:02 AM, JumboAg said:

I just bought the TBM today and on my first flight ran into the localizer issue into 34L @ UHPP.  Assumed I was doing something wrong since the plane's new to me.  Glad to know it's not me but a known issue and is being worked on for a fix.  

Unfortunately you and I , we are not the only ones to experience the problem 

• 4 weeks later...

It seems the Localizer problem has been going on for months.  Is there a response from the developer? I submitted a ticket about it and did not receive a response. I sent in a second message and got a terse message not to do that and to use the Forum. 

Is there a response to the problem from the developer in the forum?

58 minutes ago, IFLYGVS said:

It seems the Localizer problem has been going on for months.  Is there a response from the developer? I submitted a ticket about it and did not receive a response. I sent in a second message and got a terse message not to do that and to use the Forum. 

Is there a response to the problem from the developer in the forum?

Seeing as the questions about the ILS keep coming, regardless of what is posted, it appears I will have to keep responding.  The next update involves more than an ILS fix.  The ILS was not broken by us, but a change that occurred in 11.50b2.  We have fixed it and it is working correctly in the beta, which now has over 200 testers.  There are still some minor issues with librain (the rain and ice  effects), and the update will not go out until all current issues on the list are resolved.

I can appreciate that people want this ILS fix, but there's no point putting out update after update, without fixing everything that needs to be fixed.  And these are mostly Vulkan/Metal issues now.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/15/2020 at 10:07 AM, Goran_M said:

Strive for greatness.  Hand fly using the instruments.

:P

Functioning ILS would be high on the list of importance for anyone who wants to fly study level aircraft. I would laugh at this joke if the defect was fixed quickly, but this has existed far to long for that.

On 12/22/2020 at 8:15 PM, Goran_M said:

The ILS was not broken by us, but a change that occurred in 11.50b2.  We have fixed it and it is working correctly in the beta, which now has over 200 testers.  There are still some minor issues with librain (the rain and ice  effects), and the update will not go out until all current issues on the list are resolved.

I can appreciate that people want this ILS fix, but there's no point putting out update after update, without fixing everything that needs to be fixed.  And these are mostly Vulkan/Metal issues now.

I disagree. This is the biggest issue I have experienced with this plane, it's much worse than all the other issues and deserves a fix all on its own. X-Plane 11.50b2 came out on April 8, 2020. It's now December 24th, that's 260 days. I don't care if it's your fault or X-Plane's fault, it's your responsibility to fix.

20 minutes ago, dapayne12 said:

Functioning ILS would be high on the list of importance for anyone who wants to fly study level aircraft. I would laugh at this joke if the defect was fixed quickly, but this has existed far to long for that.

Use one of the suggested workaround and stop over-exaggerating a situation. It gets old.

It's now December 24th, that's 260 days.

Of which you've owned it less than 30. And, while you're busy doing pointless math, 260 days ago in April is not when this problem initially cropped up.

I don't care if it's your fault or X-Plane's fault, it's your responsibility to fix.

It's being fixed. 

it's much worse than all the other issues and deserves a fix all on its own

That's fine and dandy if a massive patch that changed the code base for Vulkan related items and other changes wasn't already in development. But, contrary to the perfect situation you conjured up, things were already in motion and being programmed that did not have to do with this. Rolling back was not an option.