TBM 900 - ILS Localizer has dissapeared.

Rob Laird

Hi.

Really hoping someone can help me here. Firstly I love this aircraft.

Sadly, recently my ILS localizer has just disappeared. I still have glideslope but no localizer.

Was working perfect up until a few days ago, then gone. Doesn't matter what airport, freq, nav 1 or 2 im on. Won't show up. Done the usual. Uninstalled, reinstalled a few times but with no success.

I really hope that I'm missing something really silly here.

Can anyone help. See pics below. 

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

on final eggp no localizer 2.JPG

on final eggp no localizer.JPG

Edited by Rob Laird

• 1 month later...

Hey,

so it isn't just me who's experiencing this. Done 3 flight today on the TBM, 2 of them were ILS approach and as you said, the LOC was not there. I saw only the GS diamond. Approach mode was armed and because there was no localizer, the GS won't be captured as well. I am using b15.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello
Please fix the issue of not detecting ILS as Rob Laird and Krishnaae exposes it. This situation is very frustrating. Hopefully, you don't continue to justify this problem by using Xplane 11 and Vulkan / Metal version 11.50 b17. Because other products like TorqueSim's SR22 works perfectly at detecting ILS in Xplane 11 Vulkan / Metal version 11.50 b17.

Thanks for your support

7 hours ago, Orlando Cuesta said:

Hello
Please fix the issue of not detecting ILS as Rob Laird and Krishnaae exposes it. This situation is very frustrating. Hopefully, you don't continue to justify this problem by using Xplane 11 and Vulkan / Metal version 11.50 b17. Because other products like TorqueSim's SR22 works perfectly at detecting ILS in Xplane 11 Vulkan / Metal version 11.50 b17.

Thanks for your support

We're not "justifying" anything.  We're giving you a legitimate reason.  X-Plane 11.50 B10 broke the ILS.  This is simply fact.  Try the TBM in 11.41 or any beta builds prior to 11.50 B10, and the ILS will work perfectly.
The SR22 was made for 11.50, and the X-Plane change in beta 10 was there while they were working on it.  If you try flying the SR22 it in 11.41, you won't get very far.  

We have no reason to lie, and we never have lied about how something broke.  It WILL be fixed, but it will be part of a larger update.

A work-around is if you have navigraph data.  Don't use the 11.50 format.  Using the X-Plane 11 format will make the ILS work perfectly.

Edited by Goran_M

Goran_M :

I agree with you. But also for us, your clients, it is also legitimate to ask that something that is not right or does not work properly be solved. I gave you examples of other products that I have and am using with the same version of Xplane 11 Vulkan / Metal version 11.50 b17 that do not have this problem. So I don't know how you want your clients to ask you to fix something when it doesn't work properly. Or you just don't want your customers to tell you nothing about your product.

1 hour ago, Orlando Cuesta said:

Goran_M :

I agree with you. But also for us, your clients, it is also legitimate to ask that something that is not right or does not work properly be solved. I gave you examples of other products that I have and am using with the same version of Xplane 11 Vulkan / Metal version 11.50 b17 that do not have this problem. So I don't know how you want your clients to ask you to fix something when it doesn't work properly. Or you just don't want your customers to tell you nothing about your product.

Orlando

You are blowing this out of proportion.  And after answering the same comments about the same problem, numerous times, I'm going to tell you our position on this whole thing.

We pride ourselves on the support we give our customers/clients.  During the first week of release, we worked constantly to publish 1 update PER DAY for the first week, based on customer feedback.  That's 7 updates in 1 week.  No other developer in the history of gaming or flight simming has done this.  In those cases, you would be lucky to get a first update after a few months.  The following week, we published 1 update every 2nd or 3rd day, until the majority of the problems in the TBM were solved.  

We welcome anyone to post problems they are having with the TBM, or anything we make.  We always have, and we have no issue with this at all.  What we do have an issue with is people comparing an add on, such as the TBM, to another add on, and then stating "this doesn't happen with this other aircraft".  This doesn't help us in any way, whatsoever.  We don't have other add ons to do comparison testing, basically because we don't have time to test against every single add on in the community.  Every add on is coded and created differently.

When you tell me "Hopefully, you don't continue to justify this problem by using Xplane 11 and Vulkan / Metal version 11.50 b17", you are insinuating that I am lying to, not just you, but all our customers, by shifting the blame on to Laminar.  We will never do this, unless we are absolutely 100% positive that the blame lies with Laminar, and I find it rather insulting that anyone would suggest that we lie about these things.  If we have done something wrong to the TBM, (once we verify that it is our fault) we will whole heartedly apologize, admit our mistake, and work as quickly as possible to fix it.  In the case of the ILS, I have posted several responses to several posts stating that something in the X-Plane ILS code was changed from within X-Plane in Beta 10.  After contacting Laminar, this has been verified.  If other add ons work, then that's because they did something that is not affected by that part of the sim.  We utilized every bit of the sim that we could to create a highly detailed representation of the TBM.  As I mentioned, in the case of the Torquesim developers, who I consider friends of mine, the SR22 was specifically made for 11.50 betaXX.  So during development, they were aware of what was made available to them, and developed around that.  

1 hour ago, Orlando Cuesta said:

Or you just don't want your customers to tell you nothing about your product.

I have no idea where you came up with this statement.  Going through this very section of the forums, you will find countless responses by me helping people with their support questions by offering solutions or stating that fixes will be coming in past and future updates.  I even included a link to a previous post about the ILS problem right here and here.  And if you go back and read my last statement in this post, you'll see I posted a workaround, which verifies the problem lies with X-Plane 11.50.  If you still choose to not believe what I'm telling you, feel free to email X-Plane support and verify the problem with them.

In closing, after several replies to people reporting the exact same issue, both in private messages and these forums, I'm considering this matter answered in full and closed, with a statement informing people of a workaround, and an official word from me that the problem will be fixed in the next update, along with some other minor fixes and hopefully a fix for the rain and icing effects, along with the AoA indicator.

Edited by Goran_M
  • Like 1

Don't congratulate yourself, Cameron.

And Goran_M I completely agree with you. Currently its TBM product is the most realistic in the world of simulation. But as always happens when something is so good, it is the details that make the difference in the end. This problem is a very important detail. Don't let the details stop your project. Laminar Research has also had its share of obstacles over time in refining a tremendously powerful simulator. And they are on the right track but they still have a lot to do. The next update has many expectations on my part but I think others as well.
We'll see.

• 1 month later...

Guys,

Goran already told us that they are aware of this issue and a patch is coming, but there are still a few issues which need to be ironed out!

The forum is full of questions on this subject!

Let's be patient and give them the chance to make the TBM even better than it already is!

For now, until the patch comes, it is a great chance to practice the RNAV approaches, they are available at most airports and they might become more and more used, as the GPS systems become more precise. In the past months I have flown with the TBM900 around the world, I could land successfully using RNAV approaches. If they were not available, the old school manual visual landing does the trick! 

If it can make anyone more 'comfortable', ILS not working is a good chance of practicing the abnormal procedures, system failures! :) So, we should always see the full side of the glass!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Goran M, can you share an ETA for the update that fixes ILS?  Just roughly ballpark it please, I'm not asking for an exact date.
I'm a noob to civil flight simulation, so I've been wanting to learn flight planning and the ILS bug was a big road block for me.  I just can't afford to get navigraphs, so I'm stick without ILS until you guys release your fix.
Still though, I'm glad I found this thread, I've been tearing my hair out, watching tutorials, trying to copy them, with nothing working.  It's been extremely frustrating, especially since I thought it was me getting it wrong.
Is there a mailing list I should be signed up to so I can get notifications of known issues from you guys?

Thanks for your work on the TBM, it's been a real joy in every other phase of flight.

Edited by launchedsquid

8 minutes ago, launchedsquid said:

Goran M, can you share an ETA for the update that fixes ILS?  Just roughly ballpark it please, I'm not asking for an exact date.
I'm a noob to civil flight simulation, so I've been wanting to learn flight planning and the ILS bug was a big road block for me.  I just can't afford to get navigraphs, so I'm stick without ILS until you guys release your fix.
Still though, I'm glad I found this thread, I've been tearing my hair out, watching tutorials, trying to copy them, with nothing working.  It's been extremely frustrating, especially since I thought it was me getting it wrong.
Is there a mailing list I should be signed up to so I can get notifications of known issues from you guys?

Thanks for your work on the TBM, it's been a real joy in every other phase of flight.

Even if my mother told me to give her an eta on the update, I wouldn't be able to give it.  It could be days or it could be weeks.  We have a bunch of testers who have their hands on a beta copy.  By all means, join the discord and ask totoritko for a beta copy.