4.9.4 installation issue

IronCondor

Hello,

I downloaded 4.9.4 from my account. During the installation process the previous version was removed. It asked if I should try the Gizmo beta and I selected yes. The installation completed successfully. When launching the sim (XP11.50B10) on Windows 10, all goes well and the new style activation screen comes up, I activate. However, I see in the top right hand corner in red, "Please Remove or Update Plugin, SkyMaxx Pro, SilverLiningV4.clouds."

In the plugin menu I see SkyMax Pro, but it is deactivated and greyed out.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

I am having this same issue. I tried the beta version of Gizmo, didn't work. Reinstalled, used the stable version - same error. Getting the "Please Remove or Update Plugin, SkyMaxx Pro, SilverLiningV4.clouds."  error.  Restarted Xplane numerous times. Running 11.50B10.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, grahamtj01 said:

I tried again - downloaded the new installer, same issue. Going to try to re-install now and try the stable version of Gizmo. I'm having the same issue with SilverLiningV4.clouds." as well as one listed as sundog. I'll try again and report back in a few.

Is it possible you somehow inadvertently ran the old installer you thought was new?

Since I updated the installer, not a single person has reported a problem. In contrast, my inbox and the forums were flooded earlier.

So, I did use the new installer - went back to my account, downloaded and unzipped and ran the file directly from the folder that popper up, so it was the new installer. I went ahead and downloaded again just now, was able to get it to work this  time. This time I ran it with the stable version of Gizmo and it worked, so I'm thinking that is the issue. I'm going to give it a try later tonight and try installing again and use the beta to see if it really is the issue or not since I can at least figure out how to get it to work now.

Thanks!

It is definitely the Beta Gizmo version that is at fault. I went ahead and tried the installation again, but chose Beta Gizmo. Ran into the same issue - SilverLiningV4.clouds and Sundog.metar errors came up. Hopefully that will help anyone else going forward. Just use the Stable Version of Gizmo. Beta is acting like... a Beta. Thanks for your help tonight. I'm glad we got it working!

44 minutes ago, grahamtj01 said:

It is definitely the Beta Gizmo version that is at fault. I went ahead and tried the installation again, but chose Beta Gizmo. Ran into the same issue - SilverLiningV4.clouds and Sundog.metar errors came up. Hopefully that will help anyone else going forward. Just use the Stable Version of Gizmo. Beta is acting like... a Beta. Thanks for your help tonight. I'm glad we got it working!

Honestly, since we have no one else reporting this, screenshots and your log.txt using the beta would be really helpful.