SkyMaxx Pro v4.9.4 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 4.9.4 update for SkyMaxx Pro. All customers who have purchased SkyMaxx Pro v4 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase SkyMaxx Pro v4 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 4.9.4 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original SkyMaxx Pro v4 download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

This release has experimental support for Vulkan if you are a Windows user.

For Mac users, please be aware Metal is not supported. You may still enjoy this v4.9.4 update when running X-Plane in OpenGL mode. You may read why here.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Improved cumulonimbus and towering cumulus cloud models. Check them out!
  • VR improvements in X-Plane 11.50+
  • Better random selection of thunderstorm clouds
  • Tightly integrated support for ASXP when RWC in use.
    • Set Real Weather Connector option to "FSGRW / ASXP / External Injector". When using Active Sky XP, be sure to configure X-Plane as described in the ASXP documentation. In the ASXP application, under Options / Simulator Depiction options, you should find a “Use SkyMaxx Pro depiction mode” option in recent versions of ASXP. Be sure this is enabled. Weather in X-Plane should be set to “from custom METAR (rwx) file” pointing to the METAR.rwx file, not “match real world conditions,” when using ASXP. You should not use ASXP’s “global static” mode with SkyMaxx Pro.

As always, thanks for purchasing from X-Aviation!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Cameron said:

@Dlgonzo

That one is best answered by @sundog.

However, I think if you select a new sky color and then restart the sim it may actually work.

The default sun texture won't be replaced after changing sky colors until you quit x plane and restart it. If its still gone for some reason running the x plane updater should replace it. 

49 minutes ago, sundog said:

The default sun texture won't be replaced after changing sky colors until you quit x plane and restart it. If its still gone for some reason running the x plane updater should replace it. 

I restarted x-plane and even ran the updater and still no sun.

19 hours ago, sundog said:

I noticed all the sun glow PNGs in X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/SilverLining/skyColors/Default Sky Colors were blank PNGs after the 4.9.4 update install.  I had a second X-Plane 11 installation that was stock so I went into that install's X-Plane 11/Resources/bitmaps/skycolors directory and copied those sun glow PNGs and pasted them into the same directory of my install with SMP and the X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/SilverLining/skyColors/Default Sky Colors directory and my sun is now back.  I noticed the moon.dds in the X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/SilverLining/skyColors/Default Sky Colors directory is also a blank dds.

21 hours ago, Dlgonzo said:

I restarted x-plane and even ran the updater and still no sun.

Look in menu developer sky colors (i think) and find reload textures and you will have your sun back no need to restart XP, always work for me if I change sky colors.

11 minutes ago, alexcolka said:

Look in menu developer sky colors (i think) and find reload textures and you will have your sun back no need to restart XP, always work for me if I change sky colors.

Yes I have been using this method of reloading sky colors but that did not work and neither did restarting and even updating x-plane.  Nothing worked until I did what I did in my post just above yours.  It is now working fine.  I even uninstalled and reinstalled SMP several times and until I discovered the blank Sun Glow PNGs and copied over them with the stock X-plane PNGs there was no sun with any skycolor setting other than Hosek-Wilkie sky model.

• Like 1

Well, I'm not sure whether it is mainly because of the improvements in XP b10 or in SkyMaxx (or a combination of the two), but performance has improved incredibly--like night and day better.

On the other hand, I am still having the same right/left eye convergence issues in VR with overcast/fog/overcast cumulus clouds as previously reported (below), which continue to make the product pretty much unusable for me in VR.  I really, really hope this can be addressed at some point :(

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic