Purchased the wrong addon :-(

LKN

Hi guys,

I already have the Pocket Rocket, the awesome TBM900, however I made a huge big time confusion mistake, I bought the BN-2 thinking that it was associated to the Nimbus BN-2, thinking  that it was released by X-aviation... which made many users laught about on the other forum "even myself"  ... Anyways I bought the wrong BN-2 but ...

I now know the Torque Sim BN-2 is not a study level add-on at all, no Wear/Tear/Maintenance as the Nimbus will provide... But what surprised me very badly is that when I have a new bird, as usual I made some VFR Airport pattern circuit: stall, T/O engine failure and other tests concerning the engine management and guess what? I was able to push throttles full forward a way over the VNE during too long just for checking how it will behave and how it will damage the engine eventually and how it will affect the Flight Model but nothing happens!?! Engine were running normally etc...  my question is how it could be possible or did I miss something? And I didn't see an option like "Realistic Mode" in the menu?

Also I push the test a little bit forward and just to know how to deal in case of flaps failure with this bird so that I decided to set the full flaps above the VNE to see how the Flight model will response to that and same: no damage at all in anyways!!! ??? The airplane was flying normally as if nothing has happened?!

How come? What about realism?

Of course it's my mistake, my bad for having puchased the wrong addon so it's my responsability but I didn't expect such a gentle bird allowing to be so "cool" with pilot errors (in case) I imagined that it will have the minimum required for the sake of realism, the minimu like flaps failures or else that is supposed to affect the flight model etc Well, in the other hand I didn't expect such a lack of realism from Torque Sim, imo.

Now that I have this "strange gentle" aircraft in my hangar, my question is if there will a way to add some realism into this add-on in a next future or not?

Again it's my fault ;-)

Don't know how much experience you have with plane add-ons but like 80-90% of good and popular planes out there are missing custom failures due to mistreatment, including some otherwise very realistic ones.

That saying, flap over-speed damage is build in into X-plane and it works with all planes, just make sure it's enabled in the x-plane options because it disables itself each time x-plane is updated for some reason.

27 minutes ago, dmncnpilot said:

Maybe Simcoders can fix it.

Unfortunatelly there is no REP on the road map for the BN-2 TorqueSim as it was said on X.org. At least it was never said by Simcoders as they mentionned as well.

Same here, she's in my hangar taking dust but again my bad, wrong purchased which funny because I annonced the released on X.org forum on the page of the devs, everybody laughted (me as well) ... yes it maybe be released today can't wait for the one I was supposed to buy lol... Ok I think it's not the best place to talk about the concurence hh , I was hoping to save my wrong purchased a little bit which was the purpose of this new topic but that's ok, I made a mistake ! ;-)

Edited by LKN

2 minutes ago, Cameron said:

If one thing is for certain, TorqueSim does not sit back and relax after releases.

Oh tks for your reply Cameron, I'm in a good mood with TorqueSim for sure but I believe that even if I made a mistake by purchasing the wrong plane for the first time, I think that the product came on the market too soon even without Wear/tear/Maintenance but at this point of lack of realism I'm very surprised that it could happen from Torque Sim. I definitely didn't expect that. It feels that it is more eye-candy bird, to be objective as much as possible.. Otherwise I can understand that many users do not really care about realism and at the end in our sim world there's a place for everybody hardcore simmers or not...

Just now, LKN said:

Oh tks for your reply Cameron, I'm in a good mood with TorqueSim for sure but I believe that even if I made a mistake by purchasing the wrong plane for the first time, I think that the product came on the market too soon even without Wear/tear/Maintenance but at this point of lack of realism I'm very surprised that it could happen from Torque Sim. I definitely didn't expect that. It feels that it is more eye-candy bird, to be objective as much as possible.. Otherwise I can understand that many users do not really care about realism and at the end in our sim world there's a place for everybody hardcore simmers or not...

Everyone has their own expectations and demands.

At the end of the day, we can only promise to improve and fix bugs. Being upset about any of it doesn't help anyone. Hopefully you enjoy the newly released v1.1.0 a little bit more!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Being upset about any of it doesn't help anyone

Who is upset Captain?

I'm not. Sharing idea or feedback do not necessary means being upset as you well know ;-) or even asking for something which is also the purpose of a forum. As I quote myself as it was written : "I'm in a good mood with TorqueSim... I also said "that is my fault" ... "my bad"... and I'm just sharing thoughts here in a good mood! ... same like "Thank you guys I'm so happy with the TBM900 ... tks guys I'm happy with Pocket Rocket.... Hi there I'm happy with SkyMaxx " or "I'm not happy with this or that" ... same value.

I'm not upset at all, I just a made a mistake and it's not the end of the world or the end of TorqueSim lol to whom I wish the best for future addons and future updates!

Keep up the great work and please yes especially for the BN-2 ! ;-)

Edited by LKN

1 minute ago, LKN said:

Who is upset Captain?

It's a general term.

That said, if you purchased the wrong add-on, and still feel that way after the fact, it is a sign of your own dissatisfaction. It's not like I haven't seen your comments for the "other" version to be released and how sad you were about it. :)

Last but not least, just take happiness in knowing a great development team is behind the product. I think you'll come to enjoy it...or so I hope!

• Like 1

Just now, Cameron said:

That said, if you purchased the wrong add-on, and still feel that way after the fact, it is a sign of your own dissatisfaction. It's not like I haven't seen your comments for the "other" version to be released and how sad you were about it. :)

Last but not least, just take happiness in knowing a great development team is behind the product. I think you'll come to enjoy it...or so I hope!

Got it! No worries tks! ... sure if you buy the wrong car you're not really happy but at the end it's funny I really laught at myself, and the more important is that it doesn't change my point of view of TorqueSim I should had mentionned more accurately in previous message but there you go!

As you said wisely yes I take happiness in knowing a great development team is behind this product.... and when I read and see what you guys are able to create (Cirrus or else) I'm happy... Alright so can't wait for future updates about the BN-2 and even if it's not the topic here can't wait for the Cirrus... You guys are very creative and it's great that you make our favorite sim better... :);)

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 4:08 PM, Cameron said:

Let's start here:

If one thing is for certain, TorqueSim does not sit back and relax after releases. :)

It would really be awesome and in the same way it would be to maintain the level that Torquesim and AFM has been demonstrating in all its products, that the islander be including a maintenance wear/tear hangar like the Mooney M20, Pocket Rocket and the rest of your products have. The islander is the only Torquesim/AFM product that does not have maintenance, it would be great to include it in the next update. I purchased all your products, and you are outstanding developers, Steaven is extremely talented, and the fact is that you should go forward and not back down in product development. you are great and I am eternally grateful to you.

• Like 2