It's amazing how much faster and more organized I've gotten after doing 4 aircraft for xplane 10 and tons of scenery.   I do plan on upgrading the Falco eventually, including a Nustrini low-profile canopy version (see screenshot) and also additional paints and a paint kit and more textural detail.   So don't think this one has seen the "end of days" either.  

Anybody who thinks I'm just sitting around and not updating stuff because I'm lazy.....below is a screenshot of some of the V10 work I've been doing for the last 2 years (not including scenery)...so you can see that I can put out some 3D work...when I finally get back to my stuff, expect a lot!  Same with Javier!  I'm really glad he's working on Laminar stuff too!

post-4-131369608238_thumb.png

post-4-131369608257_thumb.png

"faster" as in "I have the C208 ready soon"?  (just joking)

:D   Agreed!

Well if all things stayed equal in my life that would have been true ;)   As is it,  I had to detour a bit here and there.....but hey, still moving!

Well I made the flight models for the King Air and Baron....and tweaked the existing ones for the F22 and F4...and they feel pretty good to me.  I'm not sure what you mean by "fly as they should"...  These will not be "fighter simulations"...only "joy rides"  to sit and go, but the handling and performance from a flying perspective has  received as much love and attention as I can pour into them given my experiences in developing for xplane.

Well I made the flight models for the King Air and Baron....and tweaked the existing ones for the F22 and F4...and they feel pretty good to me.  I'm not sure what you mean by "fly as they should"...   These will not be "fighter simulations"...only "joy rides"  to sit and go, but the handling and performance from a flying perspective has  received as much love and attention as I can pour into them given my experiences in developing for xplane.

I mean if you will feel that your are flying a King or Baron.

Happy to know you have put your hands on the flight model to.

Got the "nustrini" canopy done.  (low profile canopy version named after the guy who did the first one) .   A bit sleeker but with less headroom (a LOT less in reality...like tilt your head low if you're 5'10' or taller....AFTER lowering the seat)   Anyhow, with this done and the "hobbs lighting bug" fixed, I feel pretty confident about moving to the paint kit and basically improving bits here and there.

post-4-131369608471_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

Well I'll tell ya Larry...I have NO idea!    Some of these early projects were test cases for various things.  Some were tests for modeling techniques, others for texturing techniques and still others for programming techniques.  These projects were, in and of themselves, whatever aircraft was motivating enough for me to try some techniques on.  In the process that left several "undone" projects.  Well about the time I sat back and said to myself, "....self...you have all the skills, techniques and workflows you need to finish these projects", lo and behold I get snatched up on V10 work and other higher priority projects that are just too good to pass up.  So all these little projects get shoved to the side for some unknown amount of time.  The thing is, the work I'm doing on V10 and other stuff are just what I need to "break away" and work on my own projects full time.  I don't think that will happen till the early-mid part of 2012...but when it does and I can devote 100% of my work time to my own projects, then things will get done.  I think that in about a year from now, after V10 has been released and a few of us are completely autonomous on our own projects...x-plane will finally see the beginnings of rapid growth in addons we've all wanted for so long...it's just about here.

I'll get back with LA when the time comes to get the RV6 tweaked though...get the prop braking things figured out.  Lots of RV6s flying and it'd be nice to have a good model! 

• 2 weeks later...

Well true to real life, the real project sits and waits.  I have to confess I jumped in pretty early compared to most Falco builders.  I have one kid in college, soon to be two and a 3rd getting a drivers license (i.e. more car insurance and another vehicle), some water damage to the house, blah blah, etc. etc.  ...AND x-plane 10.  X-Plane 10 work really has me putting most everything on hold.  TBH, I don't expect to be able to jump on the Falco till mid 2012,  when I have V10 work done and a few other projects on the market.  I'm breathing x-plane 12 hours a day as it is...and the rest of the time is for family and anything to get my mind off of x-plane.

Good luck on your project, Tom.  ;)

Perry, this page has several different Falcos with different canopies (default and Nustrini):

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/georger/Southpac.htm

I believe there's also a third variation, called "raised Nustrini":

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_y93A2MLIpKw/S4I50eaJOQI/AAAAAAAAAds/Gm9L4lIH_9c/s400/IMG_3217.JPG

-> makes it almost look like it's composite sister, the Furio  ;D

I went to Oshkosh last year with the express purpose of sitting in all the variants to get a feel for them.  There is no doubt the nustrini and raised nustrini looks sleeker, but without a doubt, they have a more cramped and claustrophobic feel than the default one.  With the default one, it's just ridiculously spacious and comfortable and you don't give up much on speed if at all.  In fact, a grand champ Falco (Dave Nason) has the traditional canopy and he has one of the faster Falcos around, doing over 200mph in cruise rather easily.  That is my benchmark...200mph cruise so if it can be done with the default one, I'd just as soon have the more comfortable interior.

Good luck on your project, Tom.  ;)

Perry, this page has several different Falcos with different canopies (default and Nustrini):

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/georger/Southpac.htm

I believe there's also a third variation, called "raised Nustrini":

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_y93A2MLIpKw/S4I50eaJOQI/AAAAAAAAAds/Gm9L4lIH_9c/s400/IMG_3217.JPG

-> makes it almost look like it's composite sister, the Furio  ;D

Thanks! Well, the Nustrini looks a lot better, but it looks really tight.

Well true to real life, the real project sits and waits.  I have to confess I jumped in pretty early compared to most Falco builders.  I have one kid in college, soon to be two and a 3rd getting a drivers license (i.e. more car insurance and another vehicle), some water damage to the house, blah blah, etc. etc.  ...AND x-plane 10.   X-Plane 10 work really has me putting most everything on hold.  TBH, I don't expect to be able to jump on the Falco till mid 2012,  when I have V10 work done and a few other projects on the market.   I'm breathing x-plane 12 hours a day as it is...and the rest of the time is for family and anything to get my mind off of x-plane.

Just a suggestion Tom, but if you move to Scotland and get UK citizenship for yourself and your family, after a few years your kids would qualify for free university education. Assuming Scotland doesn't leave the UK and lose the subsidy that lets it indulge in such things. ;)

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Definitely not freezed. Not sure where it will fit in though. It's a bit lower priority than the 737. I mean, the plug-in isn't 64 bit, nor are my C skills kept up with the times. I'd like to get it moved over to Gizmo Lua as well...it really is a bit easier than the MU2. I guess my answer is yes there is room for improvement, but I couldn't say when I'd get to it. I am open to suggestions though...as I think users are a lot more creative than I when it comes to suggestions of features.

Tom

Hi Tom.

1 – Remaining bugs or anomalies. List is in the forum: ADF, VVi and hobb metter, transponder not finished, and probably some others I don’t remember.

2- Next year, we will fly 64 bits I hope, most useful plugins will be here: X assign, Airportnav, Ivao and/or Vatsim, etc. So we need a 64 bits version of major planes ( for me: Falco, Corvallis, CRJ200 )

3- Garmin 400 – 500 for those, there is not good and reliable product. Could be a separate development of Falco or MU2, so a separate purchase.

Claude

• 5 months later...