The problem with the wind indication on EHSI

disidd

I noticed a small problem. There is a blinking wind indication on the ESHI.  Weather Active Sky, Ixeg 1.31, X-Plane 11.41, wind readings blink mainly to 10,000ft.  I don’t know what this is connected with, but there is a problem.  Has anyone encountered the same situation?

So - you guys all run Active Sky and the wind indication (arrow, numbers or both?) are blinking? As in on and off?

Does it stop when you disable Active Sky?

It is normal for the wind display to be suppressed when winds are below a certain strength. Could that be the case here?

A short movie would be ideal to assess what we are dealing with, here.

Cheers, Jan

3 hours ago, Litjan said:

So - you guys all run Active Sky and the wind indication (arrow, numbers or both?) are blinking? As in on and off?

Does it stop when you disable Active Sky?

It is normal for the wind display to be suppressed when winds are below a certain strength. Could that be the case here?

A short movie would be ideal to assess what we are dealing with, here.

Cheers, Jan

I have this same issue but is not really a bug... The wind goes below some speed and just disappear :)

7 minutes ago, disidd said:

Turn off Active Sky and wind indication appeared

4.jpg

5.jpg

xplane default & active sky may be using different weather sources.

please note WIND DIRECTION AND SPEED on the EHSI will come available when winds are GREATER THAN 6 KNOTS!

ACTIVE SKY had 5 knots thus not activating the EHSI report

XPLANE DEFAULT had 8 knots by the time you did the test thus SHOWN.

I do use ACTIVE SKY nothing wrong, you are on the very limit of SHOWN vs NOT SHOWN on the EHSI. In aviation winds 5 knots and below are considered calm and will be reported as calm when landing by ATC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mmerelles said:

xplane default & active sky may be using different weather sources.

please note WIND DIRECTION AND SPEED on the EHSI will come available when winds are GREATER THAN 6 KNOTS!

ACTIVE SKY had 5 knots thus not activating the EHSI report

XPLANE DEFAULT had 8 knots by the time you did the test thus SHOWN.

I do use ACTIVE SKY nothing wrong, you are on the very limit of SHOWN vs NOT SHOWN on the EHSI. In aviation winds 5 knots and below are considered calm and will be reported as calm when landing by ATC.

Thanks for the answer. I did not know such a feature of the aircraft and had never noticed. I will observe further.