ILS not working, also not VOR and ADF

Hi

The ILS does not work at all. Completely dead. Also VOR and ADF. Looks like NAV radio is not working at all. Previous versions think it was 1.2 or something of IXEG did work with XP some versions ago.

XP 11.41r1
IXEG 737 1.31, same problem in 1.30
Win7 64 Prof 64MB

Have done all tests in another thread. Started with default c172, ILS working, default 737/800 also working. Zibos 737/800 also working. Tested with both Gizmos, Beta and Stable.
Nothing helped, only in IXEG nav radios are dead. ILS, VOR and ADF.
Latest AIRAC Navigraph 2006.
All plugins disabled, only Gizmo active. I have run out of ideas what is going on. Even removed rxpGNS and rxpGTN from plugins folder even though they are disabled, found a post that it was the culprit in that case.

Also re-installed IXEG a couple of times with no change.
Can do a whole flight with no problem, FMC works as it should and whole flight with VNAV/LNAV. But not activate ILS.

I am a programmer since 30 years so I know how to tamper/fiddle around with files. Any idea? Am I missing some C runtime or something? Or do I have to press some more button?
Pressing APP does nothing. I would be very happy if it is me that is the culprit for this one. Have been flying sims since VIC64 era 35/40+ years ago.

First image is a 737/800 second is IXEG at KSEA 16235728333_b738-2020-06-0716_52_13.thumb.png.848b947e8743b6ad0cddf0101eedfd49.png

984207532_B733-2020-06-0716_30_50.thumb.png.473341c6e9dee4356a0349b6bd09456d.png

Ok, thanks for the Log - nothing unusual to see, except that you love AI aircraft, it seems ;) - that shouldn´t have anything to do with it.

The ILS system in the 737-300 is really robust, no fancy FMS work necessary or so. Simply dial in the correct frequency and voila.

There are a few things that can throw people off:

• Make sure that you have "disable tailwind ILS" deselected in the X-Plane preferences
  • Make sure you have not "failed" the receiver or transmitter in X-Plane´s failures
  • Make sure you are in range
  • the GS will be suppressed while you "head away" from the front course as set on the on-side CRS selector (LOC will always show, though)
  • loosing power to the corresponding radio
  • having an ILS frequency selected that is not corresponding to the frequency as maintained in X-Planes earth_nav_dat (often these are different from current day frequencies, as you can NOT update them with Navigraph or Aerosoft data)

I will attach two pics of my 737 at 16L in KSEA. Is this the same that you have set up?

Oh, and always great to meet someone that started back on the C-64 (Sublogic FS II!!) like I did :).

Cheers, Jan

413767286_KSEA16L.thumb.jpg.6ba447e3c3a6be788626337b72622048.jpg399716949_Nav1Radio.thumb.jpg.c89bb44b8ef5f049c24965fac0e338d5.jpg

I will do the checks you describe and come back. All AI are from Global Traffic that use some invisible AI so you can see the AI traffic in the ND/TCAS.

10 minutes ago, Litjan said:

having an ILS frequency selected that is not corresponding to the frequency as maintained in X-Planes earth_nav_dat (often these are different from current day frequencies, as you can NOT update them with Navigraph or Aerosoft data)

That frequency must be the one we can see in Map window when clicking on the ILS feathers, right. These tests I have done at EKCH and ESSA with same result but I will do another
round of tests just to be sure. First time ever since VIC64 I have been stuck on a problem. Everything else in your 737 works like a clock, nothing strange except the Nav radios.

VIC64, fun time and amazing at that time.

It is working now. Last thing I did was a crazy test when all else failed.

I changed in Preflight menu->Startup from Turn-Around to Dark and Cold and then back to Turn-Around here at KSEA. And then
at ESSA I had to do the same thing, toggle Startup between TA and C&D. Any hint

B733_-_2020-06-08_01_19_56.thumb.png.d9bde31ffa9c265fc9e62e7efb464749.pnground

Hmm...that sounds like some sort of "initialization issue". To narrow down - can you spawn the plane in the "non working" (turn-around?) condition...and then confirm the ILS is not receiving...then click the "reboot gizmo" (little flash sign) on the RIGHT side pop-out menu? This initializes the scripts again.

Another thing I would like you to try is to disable "Global traffic", just to test. Not sure, but it could influence this somehow (you know, computers...)

Thanks, Jan

Edited by Litjan

I started up at ESSA 19R and EKCH 22L with same problem no ILS but came to live after pressing Reboot Gizmo in both places.
So there is something with initialization. One more thing I noticed......

I forgot on first startup to activate my Yokes, have a external powered USB hub with an power switch. First I pressed Reboot Gizmo and ILS came to live.
Then when I powered my USB hub then ILS stopped working, so pressing Reboot Gizmo it came to live again. Computers as you say, I know that have been
working with development for 36+ years. Some problems are very hard to nail.

Global Traffic is disabled. No plugins are active except Gizmo. Global traffic have added 19 AI inside XP to make it possible to see the closest ones in TCAS/ND
You do not see them outside unless Global Traffic is active then you have plenty AI buzzing around in air and airports, makes it a little alive. Real world schedules
as they claim the ones who made it. Queues for takeoff, makes it a little more fun.

Only hardware I have is:

Honecomb yoke
Saitek Rudders
Saitek Yoke where roll and pitch are set to None
I have the Saitek yoke connected just to make the throttle quadrant to work
Waiting for the Honeycomb throttles to be released, little expensive but looks great.
Maybe I should set everything in Saitek Yoke to None/do Nothing or try start without it.

That is all I have connected

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 6/8/2020 at 12:11 PM, Litjan said:

Hmm, it could be that your external hardware is somehow interfering with our accessing the datarefs or something..

Jan, I just had this problem after re-installing the 737 after months of not flying it. My NAV radios did not work no matter what I did.

It has to do with the Honeycomb Yoke: Turn Avionics switches to BUS1 and BUS2 to ON, and boom it all works.

Its only required if I opt for the "Turn Around" or "Ready To Fly"-options. If I start from "Cold&Dark", the radios work regardless.