IXEG 737 Classic crashed after Update so v1.30 also v1.31

EDWK01

Hello to All. I am very upset.

X Plane 11.41 never crashed with the IXEG 733 before.

Yesterday with the V1.30, the XP11 crashed on the flight from LEIB to EHAM via France.

Today with version 1.31 on flight LEIB to EHAM shortly before turning into the final approach for landing on runway 18R.

I sent a crash report every time. What's up with the new version?

Can you still get the old version back? At least it worked.

I am disappointed very disappointed. It is a so beautiful Plane. 

Greetings.

The crash report went probably to Laminar, not IXEG....

try posting your issue with log attached in the support section here, not in the general section.

just guessing, but crash right before final sounds like a groundroute-plugin issue. Known for xp11.50 beta, and seems to have its high share with new Gizmo if I am not confusing everything. Try to deactivate it.

• Like 1

Hi Sean,

it is likely that you have other plugins running that compete with lua for memory - which is really limited to a small amount of your total memory.

The only short-term cure is to remove other plugins that use lua.

The long-term solution will be to move our sounds to FMOD...which will take a few months of dedicated work (according to the estimate of Laminar Research´s designer that did the sounds for the 737NG and MD80).

Cheers, Jan

42 minutes ago, DJSean00 said:

I keep getting this error in my xplane log after a crash

G64:1620.751: Memory Allocation Error: Run(timer): xs_sound_engine: not enough memory

Do you have XJet installed?

Upload your Log.txt if you don't want to play 20 questions. It'll be easier for both of us.

31 minutes ago, DJSean00 said:

Hi Team, All good - I've had it crash twice on stream tonight so unfortunately have given up.

Upon the second time, i had some interesting issues putting in the route which is also on the video

I've skipped to the time it did crash (50:30)

Log.txt 131.93 kB · 1 download

GizmoLog.txt 16.56 kB · 0 downloads

Downloaded the Nav data again and this fixed the issues with the FMC and loading in a route - not sure the crashing though.

Hi Sean,

thanks for the log files.

You are running a dozen or so plugins that have caused compatibility problems in the past.

To troubleshoot and find the offending one, please remove them, test, add back (in bunches) until you find the one that is causing it.

Often there is an updated version for that plugin - sometimes (XPUIPC) only an older version works.

Cheers, Jan

No - but anything messing with art datarefs can be (silver lining) and anything messing with other datarefs (fly with lua, xpuipc, ground traffic, etc) can be as well.

So its impossible to say which ones are critical in combination with the IXEG, most of the time the user finds out and then often there is an updated version (because who keeps checking his plugins for updates all the time?)

Cheers, Jan

1 hour ago, doebro2010 said:

is this the one where you could have a look at.

Log.txt 25.02 kB · 1 download

If you had read your log.txt (yes, not only devs can do this, even the mere mortal user can) - you would have found this:

E/GFX/VK: Vulkan device lost error!
0:00:06.446 E/GFX: No diagnostics for graphics queue, queue was empty!
0:00:06.446 E/GFX: No diagnostics for transfer queue, queue was empty!
0:00:06.446 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: Encountered Vulkan device loss error!
0:00:06.446 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: X-Plane cannot continue running and will now quit.

So, there are two things problematic with your setup:

1.) You are running some plugins that can cause problems (new XPUIPC is not compatible, older version is), FlyWithLua (depending on the scripts)

2.) You are running the latest Beta of X-Plane and suffer a device loss error...which has nothing to do with IXEG.

Cheers, Jan

10 hours ago, Litjan said:

No - but anything messing with art datarefs can be (silver lining) and anything messing with other datarefs (fly with lua, xpuipc, ground traffic, etc) can be as well.

So its impossible to say which ones are critical in combination with the IXEG, most of the time the user finds out and then often there is an updated version (because who keeps checking his plugins for updates all the time?)

Cheers, Jan

Hi Jan,

Looks like I'm having better success by updating Gizmo to the beta, so far so good with no changes to any other plugins.

• Like 1