View through the engine from the back missing textures

dcaas

I have noticed when you look behind the aircraft  you can see right through the engine as if there is no N1 fan blades.see screen shot. hope this can be fixe. this occurs when the engines are running. not a problem when they are shut down, also this is the latest update 1.31

B733_-_2020-06-07_09_29_52.png

Edited by dcaas
more info

In the real plane this depends on the angle you are viewing - the blades are "slanted", so if you look from a slanted angle you can see through the "N1 rotor disk".

Add the effect of something moving too fast to see and I think this is not so far from realistic. It is a bit like a spinning propeller - you can see it really well when the engine is stopped, but you can´t see it at all when it is spinning really fast. We will not model the opacity of the spinning fan blades dependent on obliqueness of viewing angle. ;)

Cheers, Jan

Cheers Jan, i have previously worked with the 733 and never been able to see through the engine like this, yes entirely possible on a hi by pass engine that are on A350 or 787 but not seen this on the 733. its almost like there is no N1 fans from the back, but they are there from the front....

this view is from the rear no matter what angle it is from.

cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes, the view is like that from the rear, not dependent on the angle. I ment that we are not going to add angle-dependency in the future.

It would not be hard for Tom to make the N1 disk opaque from the back as well. I personally have no preference, I haven´t looked through spinning CFM65s from the rear to really form a solid opinon. The way it is now seems plausible to me, but if we get more feedback on this...sure, we could change it.

I will try to get some glimpses through the engines of our A320s when I go back to work, they are not that different. Maybe there is also a youtube video that one can find to prove (or disprove) your point?

Cheers, Jan

• 1 month later...