Failed to allocate data to the MCDU using the R2 key. Version 1.31

mcflyslim

Hi Jan!

I just tested a flight with version 1.31. I noticed a problem when inserting the fixed in the FMC. The R2 button on the MCDU just didn't seem to be working because it didn't accept entering any data. Finally, I ended up imputing the data using the F / O's MCDU.

I will report if there are more failures.

Thank you.

Ok, this is the second key on the right side? We haven´t seen any problems with it internally, I will doublecheck.

If it happens again, try to tell us which page you were on and what you tried to insert, maybe with a screenshot? That would help us narrow it down.

Thanks a lot, Jan

25 minutes ago, KrisDev said:

@Litjan same thing happened to me today. Take a look at the console log. I've tried to insert waypoint NEVRA. Can it be related to latitude longitude waypoints? Maybe after N, it expected a custom wpt, like N5120 or something?

Version 1.31

image.png.12b7333b77d6cb70a0a7e741a75fea82.png

That is correct. Unfortunately all waypoints that begin with "N" or "S" and end with "E" and "W" are going to cause this... unfortunate fallout from the "user created waypoint" addition.

It will be fixed very soon.

Workaround for now: Either avoid manually entering these points (automatically loading them in a STAR or SID is no problem), or make a route (without them), save it, then edit the .fpl (in coroutes folder) with a simple text editor to include them. Then you can load them via the "company route" function.

Cheers, Jan