(Solved) Dim cockpit lights

Denn

Hi.

Not sure if it's a bug or my problem but the cockpit lights are very dim and a dome does not work at all. I did a clean re-install of the aircraft, HDR ON, tried Vulcan ON and OFF. All others aircrafts are okay as well as a previous version of IXEG.

Edited by Denn

16 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Are you sure that you have turned electrical power on? That is the only thing I can think of.

If that does not help, please follow the standard troubleshooting protocol outlined here:

Cheers, Jan

Yeah, electrical power is ON 

I deleted all the plugins except Gizmo and Plugin Admin. Here is log file enclosed. Thanks

Log.txt

Hmm, some things crop up in your log.txt that may hint at the problem:

A:\Xplane/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xpInsider32.xpl : Error Code = 193 : %1 íå ÿâëÿåòñÿ ïðèëîæåíèåì Win32.
Failed: A:\Xplane/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xpInsider32.xpl.  (This file is missing, not a DLL or could not be loaded due to another missing DLL.)

Failed: A:\Xplane/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xpInsider64.xpl. (The plugin refused to start by returning 0 from XPluginStart.)

You are also still running Marginals ground traffic plugin for various airports, could you try to remove that (temporarily) just to test?

Did you change anything related to your shaders in X-Plane? Run any alterations to the way it "looks"? A lot of people have made tweaks to the art assets (either with a plugin, or manually) that will enhance the way X-Plane looks.

Did you try with the "stable gizmo" version?

You could also try to go back to OpenGL for rendering or even downgrade to 11.41 again (to check).

If all else fails, try to re-install X-Plane (put a copy of your old installation in a safe spot to restore it later), and then just install the IXEG 737 and see if that works.

No other idea at this point...

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Like 1

Was thinking...did you at some point install or apply a mod/tweak that changed the streetlights? There was a fairly popular mod out that tweaked these artref values to make them more bright or extend the range or such... I believe that this may cause our "lit" textures to become dim.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

Was thinking...did you at some point install or apply a mod/tweak that changed the streetlights? There was a fairly popular mod out that tweaked these artref values to make them more bright or extend the range or such... I believe that this may cause our "lit" textures to become dim.

Cheers, Jan

Fortunately i have an opportunity to restore original files via Steam app. The problem is solved - you were 100% right, it was custom lit texures which changed cockpit lights inside IXEG aircraft.

Great support, sir. Thanks a lot!

I've installed cloud textures once again and found out that all the lights became okay after i climbed my cruising flight level. Interesting :-) 

UPDATED:  Once descent has begun the cockpit has become darker and darker 

Edited by Denn

• 11 months later...
On 6/7/2020 at 9:16 PM, Litjan said:

Thanks for reporting back, Denn. This may prove very valuable for other people with the same problem (I know there was at least one other customer...)

Happy flying, Jan

Hi Jan, 

I can also confirm that with the latest version of IXEG 737 my cockpit lights also dim with altitude, and I have no light mods. You can replicate it (hopefully) by just going to an airport at night and pressing M, then dragging the plane to a cruising altitude, and the lights will dim or brighten accordingly. I've tried it at several locations, so I don't think it's any particular scenery that's causing it. 

Really unfortunate because the IXEG 737 has what is probably my favourite cockpit lighting of any plane in XP11 when it's working right.

Also wanted to say while I'm here, I love the plane and always appreciate the videos you put out. 

Stay safe, sir.

Edited by Leviathan

Alright friends, I've narrowed it down. 

It isn't a light mod, it's a sky colours mod, specifically one of these files file within Resources sky colours directory:

clean; hazy; hialt; mount; ocast; stratus; sunglowclean; highalt; mountain

I think I got these from the Vivid Sky mod, but I can't remember. I might try to narrow it down to the specific file at some point because I really like the sky colour modifications it makes, but certainly not at the expense of the cockpit lighting.

To be clear, I believe you can resolve this cockpit lighting problem by simply running the X-plane updater and replacing any Sky Colour bitmaps that Xplane wants to modify. You don't need to overwrite anything else.

Hope this helps others in the future.

• 7 months later...

I experienced this annoying problem.  I purchased to practise instrument approachs, and need to read the panel, while hand flying.  Need the plane to fly like the real one.  Finally, changed settings in the graphics driver for the graphics card to whiten the screen.  Works great.  Light level, gamma setting, etc.  The screen is too white for regular pc use, but can manage at least to read the FAAapproach plates in pdf viewer, while looking at the panel, day or night sim.  Hope this helps.  Xplane 11 on windows 10, 3.5 ghz or so pc, graphics card, 16gb ram.