Take Command! IXEG 737 Classic v1.31 Update Released!

Cameron

6 hours ago, disidd said:

Jan, no offense.  This is not only what I say, it is what others say.  Compared to version 1.21, autopilot behavior is unpredictable

Can´t really say none taken. I fly the plane many hours daily (1.31) and the autopilot behaves completely predictable for me. VNAV is still not working as it should - we never said that it does. I don´t think it has become worse.

I am all for freedom of speech, but getting on here and making unsubstantiated claims of "unflyable", "unpredictable", "terrible" etc. is borderline slander.

If you can´t get things to work I am sorry for you - we are ready to help you if you provide details of what is going wrong - but if you just feel the need to vent, let of steam and rage, please take it elsewhere.

Jan

• Upvote 1

I found some new bugs when I try to input some entry into the fmc such us v2 in this case or some existing waypoints (seems we can't insert more than one certain number of fix in the leg page) and isa dev (I was not able to input isa dev in the perf page for departure)...
I installed the latest stable gizmo if it can matter. I note this appens for left fmc...

image.png.cd8c23868c73c1d054ae61b59b769c05.pngI

Hello lionell88,

the bug is known and will be fixed very soon. You can read about it here:

1 hour ago, lionell88 said:

(I was not able to input isa dev in the perf page for departure)

I am not sure which field you are talking about, can you post a screenshot for me?

Cheers, Jan

Hi there

I'm using beatiful IXEG for long time. After 1.31 update I see a little problem. On taxi when I turn to right or left with full rudder pedal push, it is very hard to stop this turn, it makes something like a spin and it happend on 10kn. Could you explain me that is it normal or on my computer is something wrong?

I changed 3 displays (nvidia sorround) for new display ultra wide with  Native Resolution 3440 x 1440 at 120Hz and plane looks fine but every technical window has poor font quality. I attached picture (right upper corner). I'm using Vulcan. Where could be a problem?

poor_resolution.thumb.jpg.237c9827eaf7a9ca5db754ec065b7f5f.jpg

Grettings

Krzysztof

1 minute ago, Abiofly said:

Hi there

I'm using beatiful IXEG for long time. After 1.31 update I see a little problem. On taxi when I turn to right or left with full rudder pedal push, it is very hard to stop this turn, it makes something like a spin and it happend on 10kn. Could you explain me that is it normal or on my computer is something wrong?

I changed 3 displays (nvidia sorround) for new display ultra wide with  Native Resolution 3440 x 1440 at 120Hz and plane looks fine but every technical window has poor font quality. I attached picture (right upper corner). I'm using Vulcan. Where could be a problem?

poor_resolution.thumb.jpg.237c9827eaf7a9ca5db754ec065b7f5f.jpg

Grettings

Krzysztof

10 kts is fine, but don't use more than about half deflection for the turn or the nose wheel understeers.  This happens in real life, but shouldn't happen at such low speeds.  It's easy to handle once you know the limits, passengers like it as it's a nice gentle taxi, bit of a pain if you land at the polderbahn in Schipol though!

Real life

Edited by Iain

Dear lain

Thank you for your quickly answer. For me it is slightly overreactive. I'm a real pilot (general aviation) and I never felt something like this behavior. Once I have landed on ice covered RWY with a little croswind and than I felt amazing drift  - I know that it was ice not dry asphalt or concrete - but never turned me around like Ixeg did on any dry surface. Because planes like that are understeering and this understeering thing increase with speed :))) Attached movie shows that very clearly

This behavior is abnormal in my subjective opinion. But I have never flown B733 in real world and maybe I'm wrong ;)

Grettings

Krzysztof

On 6/12/2020 at 4:56 PM, disidd said:

But the worst part is VNAV. It has become much worse than in version 1.21

Jan is right, we have not touched the AP or VNAV code at all since 1.21, so if something is worse, we need to know exactly what it is that "makes it worse".  Debugging is quite tough business,  not so much the fix, but the amount of diligence it takes to quantify what the issue is and put it into words.

Good VNAV starts with good routes to make calculations from, and that is where we currently are as of this instant, fixing the STAR / APP route building code as these procedures are selected...since they are clearly resulting in 'funny routes' where VNAV calculations make no sense.  That '470' bug is a pain for all of us and I'm super sorry about that one, but its fixed for the upcoming update and we are also now trying as many route editing combinations as we reasonbly can to test the robustness of entries.

We will have an update in relatively short order with several fixes for sure and I for one, will be interested in seeing how the FMS handles "in air edits on descent" for all the situations folks will try that we did not get to. VNAV complaints are heavily biased toward the descent calcs and revisiting my code, its not hard to see why....which is a good thing...as it paints a clearer path for repairing the code.

We are now working on FMS code and VNAV with priority, so any patience / feedback as these updates come out will be appreciated and help us improve.  Bug reports regarding VNAV after this next update will be quite valuable as we are focused on that work at this time.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Abiofly said:

Dear lain

Thank you for your quickly answer. For me it is slightly overreactive. I'm a real pilot (general aviation) and I never felt something like this behavior. Once I have landed on ice covered RWY with a little croswind and than I felt amazing drift  - I know that it was ice not dry asphalt or concrete - but never turned me around like Ixeg did on any dry surface. Because planes like that are understeering and this understeering thing increase with speed :))) Attached movie shows that very clearly

This behavior is abnormal in my subjective opinion. But I have never flown B733 in real world and maybe I'm wrong ;)

Grettings

Krzysztof

Hello Krzystof,

you are right that the sideways traction of the nosegear is not as good in X-Plane as it is in real life. Laminar Research is aware of it and will improve it in the future.

Like Iain said, it is important to keep the steering angle of the nosegear below a "critical" angle for it to work. Otherwise the nosegear will "stall" and just slide without much friction (gliding friction).

To help with that:

1.) Keep your CG at 20% MAC or less (more pressure on nosewheel)

2.) Limit speed to <10 kts in turns

3.) Only move the nosewheel very slow and do not deflect it too much. It will not "steer more" if you deflect it past the critical angle.

Taxiing a real airliner is very much about passenger comfort and you will feel getting "thrown left and right" much more than in a small plane, because you are so much further from the center of the turning point - so naturally you will apply and decrease tiller input very deliberately.

I have no problem taxiing the IXEG 737 on dry surfaces when applying real life speeds and turning inputs, but I agree that the margin for error is much smaller than in real life. I hope that Laminar will fix this in X-Plane 12.

Cheers, Jan

35 minutes ago, Abiofly said:

Any idea with fonts display problem from my previous posts?

I have seen font problems in relation to the X-Plane Vulkan API. If you are running X-Plane Beta 10.50 that could be the problem. It would be up to Laminar to fix that.

Cheers, Jan

Anyone has this issue?
I was flying from LDSP to LIPX and fmc look like flying reverse route. the first waypoint on SID still on top but actf continue flying the route..

Route: LDSP TORPO 7D M730 LIKNO Q95 BOA 3J LIPX

Acft dont leave cruise Altitude on TOD..

Im on XP11.50b10 with FlyWithLua 2.7.11 NG and Speedy copilot V6

I see what is happening:

The waypoint you are flying to was getting BYPASSED (means the plane could not fly over it because of the turn radius) - and appearantly this was by more than 2.5NM lateral distance, so the waypoint never sequenced (got deleted).

The plane is - however - following the magenta track, it does not "know" that it missed the point.

The cure for this is to fly "direct to" the point you are actually flying to  - in this case ANC. Then the flightplan is "in sequence" again and the plane will behave normally.

To avoid this happening in the first place, make sure that you have no "bypass" points in your route - often the speed of the plane is too big in that case, or the waypoints are at too acute of an angle.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

Hello again

I have a strange new problem with IXEG 1.31. When I'm moving on taxiways or on air I have something like stops scenery moves. Stops and jump stops and jump, it is milliseconds but its is very irritating and on landing it's very hard to land smoothly because that stops and go is causing less control over plane. I changed aircraft for TBM900 and nothing like that happend with default airplanes too. FPS is about 40 not less than 35 and it should be smoothly but isn't. With TBM FPS is very similar and on default airplanes about 10 FPS more. Could you help me with that?

Xplane 11.50b11 VULKAN and OPEN GL this same effect
Windows 10
Nvidia  GeFoce RTX 2080 SUPER
display with 3440x1440 120hz refresh
Intel i9 7980XE

Grettings
Krzysztof

Hi Krzystof,

are you running the beta version of Gizmo? It improves "smoothnes" of the simulation a lot. You can also get that latest beta in the post I mention below.

If you are already running that, I would still need you to follow this:

so we can rule out any conflict with another plugin.

Cheers, Jan

Dear Jan

As always with my problems you have a right :) newest Gizmo plugin b2 solved my problem :) And FPS about 5 more :)))

Very thank you and have nice a day

I was happy to quickly. After landing APU doesn't work. Light and indicator shows everything is ok i switch to APU power as always- I hear characteristic sound of power changes, lights blink. I'm shutting down engines and then everything shut down. I must connect ground power to bring power back. When i tried to switch to APU again, nothing happend.

Grettings

Krzysztof

Log.txt GizmoLog.txt

Edited by Abiofly
  • Like 1

Hi Krzystof,

no, I didn´t catch the addition to your post...

You run a lot of plugins - many of those are known to cause conflicts or affect the inner workings of X-Plane. I am sure it is one of them affecting your APU.

To find out which one, follow this (point number 4)

Cheers, Jan

Hi everyone, i found one issue with the ixeg 737, with the new version, using xplane 11.50 beta 9 when i try to insert the restriction speed/altitude (for example 180/7000) on the fmc, suddenly that takes almost 15seconds to preform the action when i hit the button to activate the values inserted, then my simulator just start stuttering like crazy, passing from 70 or 80 fps to 5 and so one, that only happens when i set the restriction speed inside the fmc page.

Any ideia what could be that?

Best regards

9 hours ago, Litjan said:

Hi Krzystof,

no, I didn´t catch the addition to your post...

You run a lot of plugins - many of those are known to cause conflicts or affect the inner workings of X-Plane. I am sure it is one of them affecting your APU.

To find out which one, follow this (point number 4)

Cheers, Jan

Dear Jan

Thank you as always for your quick response

Problem with APU occured after update GIZMO plugin for newest beta 2, that update solved my problem with jumping scenery. But APU stops working after landing.

Before update it worked. It can be problem with some plugin wich automaticaly start APU after hide flaps. I don't remember what program is responsibilty for that. I will be looking for solution. Thanks

Today I was flying from LPFR to LEPA via TUPIX DCT NIRAK Y136 NAPES R47 ONUBA UN747 TOSTO UM445 LASPO UM871 GODOX

I was trying change GPS active point from TUPIX to NAPES directly and then popuped gizmo window with red information (I didn't make print screen of it). I was trying several times to change it for NAPES  and always this same result - window with red sentence. Mayby this topic is known if not I will provide picture of this window.

Grettings
Krzysztof

I updated from 1.21 to 1.30 and 1.31, I found that the default forward view in 1.30 and 1.31 is skewed to the right compared 1.21. If someone press W to default forward view and press f to look down one will discover that the pilot sit with his left b*tt on the seat. Kind of weird for me and I don't get the purpose for skewing the view. Can I revert the default view like 1.21?

Yes, you can revert the default view by changing the viewpoint in planemaker.

Or you can set up your own views with either the IXEG view menu or (recommended) the default X-Plane view menu: Move your head and then save the view with CTRL-Numpad. Recall the view with Numpad.

Chees, Jan

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic