Take Command! IXEG 737 Classic v1.31 Update Released!

Cameron

9 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Are you sure? Looking at that further, that looks to be a file we create, not X-Plane. It's part of our install.

Yes, I always copy this file between my 2 Pcs to keep my custom views on several aircraft without problems. And some of them don't have this when installing for the first time.

But I'm not absolutly sure if this file contains only custom views. Perhaps other preferences.....

Edited by Benj

1 minute ago, Benj said:

Yes, I always copy this file between my 2 Pcs to keep my custom views on several aircraft without problems. And some of them dont' have this when installing for the first time.

But I'm not absolutly sure if this file contains only custom views. Perhaps other preferences.....

You're right. That is the file, and it explains why it is always uninstalled. Since it is part of our default install, the installer sees it as something to remove. I will work around this in the next installer build.

• Like 1

That’s the file I used to copy but forgot this time.  It gets overwritten on the patch install.  Not sure if there are other pref in the file which should be overwritten so I’m happy to setup my views again

Edited by Iain

1 minute ago, Denn said:

All the cockpit lightning is very very dim. And a dome doesn't work at all. XP 1150b9.

Am i the only one experiencing this issue?

Make sure you have HDR enabled in your graphics settings.

I fly HDR off, 16x aa during day time, looks good and great FPS.  At dusk and night, HDR on and x4 aa for great great FPS.  X8 can reduce Frames but x4 creates a few jaggies, but it’s dark, so you don’t notice them! 

Edited by Iain

36 minutes ago, Carlos H said:

Thanks a lot for your hard work! 
BUT please! Update the CDU, there are many things we cannot do yet 

An Ixeg lover and real 737 Classic pilot 

best Regards 

This has been covered so many times. If you want the answers to this, read around.

3 hours ago, Litjan said:

Be aware that using the "start with engines running" in the X-Plane menu has no effect on our aircraft.

You need to set up this in the IXEG menu (PREFLIGHT) - pick the option "READY TO FLY".

Cheers, Jan

Hi Jan,

Thanks. Please note that the IXEG menu at my screen resolution (3840X2160)  is very grey, small and hard to read - even with my glasses on. I hope that can be improved.

Anyway, once I got the B737 cranked up I had a very nice flight from KEWR to KORD. Thanks to all for this great simulator aircraft. It reminds of the good old days flying the B757 and B767 in real life. The B737 has a very similar layout.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cameron said:

I don't know what you're asking here?

The info was added to help us diagnose when people post screenshots. It also ensures people can not run old versions of the beta if they chose to install it.

When the beta run is final and we make a new stable release of Gizmo, the wording will be removed. We don't know when that will be.

Cameron, although I understand your reasoning, the text is very evasive. In your installation you point out that users install the beta at their own risk. I think this as far as it should go. I am sure you will get more messages regarding this. What people do with the beta (run old versions or not) should be their own prerogative. Forcing them to endure this ghastly message is not acceptable in my books. I have uninstalled the beta for this reason alone but, in doing so, I may have left performance and speed on the table. For the record, I have been a long time Classic user not a Johnny-come-latetly and I say these things with affection and respect for the IGEX team and product.

Edited by DS1971

16 minutes ago, DS1971 said:

Forcing them to endure this ghastly message is not acceptable in my books.

Respectfully and bluntly:

No one is forcing you to run a beta. If you don't like it, run the stable version of Gizmo.

The end goal is to get to a final Gizmo v20 product, at which time the message will be removed. This does assist that process, like it or not. It's also not going to be something up for debate.

This is not a matter of trying to be rude, just real.

2 hours ago, DS1971 said:

What people do with the beta (run old versions or not) should be their own prerogative.

I have to strongly disagree with you on this one.

Running old beta's is an enormous waste of everyones time. Including yours. There are definitely bugs in the beta. Even if you don't notice them directly. You might come across one three weeks from now and report it.... by which time it's long dead.

I could've put a "server check" in that would force everyone to upgrade Gizmo beta's the minute they're available. Stopping any use until you do so.

I elected to go the far more productive route and put a simple 30 day timer with on screen message.

Do me a favour, avoid the beta run.

Got to say a big thank you to you guys.

You listened to all the comments about problems we had, for me it was VR issues, but i just tried the update and its fantastic.

Everything works fine in VR now so again Thank you for all your hard work on this superb Aircraft.

feeling Happy

carl 

16 minutes ago, midi48 said:

Got to say a big thank you to you guys.

You listened to all the comments about problems we had, for me it was VR issues, but i just tried the update and its fantastic.

Everything works fine in VR now so again Thank you for all your hard work on this superb Aircraft.

feeling Happy

carl 

Thanks a lot for the nice words, Carl!

12 minutes ago, mauri19 said:

sorry install 1.31 from that time i could not enter the destination airport in the fmc. i did not understand the solucion  of cameron

sorry for my bad english

It is difficult to help you, because (at least this) seems to work for everyone else and you are not providing much detail about your problem. What would you tell me if I ask you "Help, I can not fly this plane. Can you help me? ;)"

Possible reasons: Wrong ICAO code. Airport does not exist in your nav database.

If you could show us some screenshots (or even better a video) of what you are trying, it would help!

Another solution is to try and find help on a local language forum if you are having trouble with english.

Last but not least, you can watch my tutorial videos here: https://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/10746-training-videos/

Maybe they can give you a hint of what you are doing wrong.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic