Take Command! IXEG 737 Classic v1.31 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.31 update for the Take Command! IXEG 737 Classic. All customers who have purchased the IXEG 737 Classic up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the IXEG 737 Classic from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.31 for you.

It is for X-Plane 11. If you use X-Plane 10, you can still install an old version of the aircraft from the installer, but this update does not otherwise apply to you.

Caution: This update is optimized for XP11.41 and newer only! If you run it any previous X-Plane version it will still work, but the aerodynamic model gets changed and will not fly "by the numbers" anymore! Install at your own risk (make a backup of the aircraft folder first, especially if you run XP10)!

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original IXEG 737 Classic download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

Bug fixes:

• Fixed mousewheel scroll direction for all manipulators
  • Various Gizmo Beta Changes/Fixes
  • Fixed first digit of engine #2 manual N1 setting indicator to bleed over to engine #1
  • Removed "C x 100" labeling from Fuel Flow gauges
  • Fixed two screws missing (CPTs EHSI frame and overhead panel)
  • Stopped stickshaker assembly from clipping into footrest cover
  • Re-enabled BetterPushback to work with this plane
  • Enabled autothrust to set correct N1 at high-altitude airports for takeoff
  • Fixed texture see-through bug with leather flaps on side of instrument panels
  • Re-enabled lit texture for writing on mode control panel
  • Hooked up right-side N2 and FF carots of electronic instrument version to correct engine again
  • Fixed movement direction for rudder pedals
  • DC meter selector on BAT will now show battery voltage even if BAT switch is off

Improvements:

• Tweaked "fur" texture of pilots seats to avoid "see through" effect near edges
  • Removed further "texture bleed" cases of bad UV mapping (APU fire control box in wheel well)
  • Changed and improvement manipulators for flap and speedbrake handles (more intuitve to use, hits detents better)
  • Tweaked APU fuel use logic (draws from left side fuel manifold when running, according to fuel system setup and pressures)
  • Increased EDG oil temperatures a bit to avoid needle being pegged at left edge of gauge
  • Several improvements to initialization setting of switches and rheostats (lights, TCAS/Transponder, DH, Radar system, etc...)
  • Changed clickspots for sunvisors in eyebrow windows to the actual lanyards
  • Allow use of "ground services" menu while in motion or even in flight for fuel, weight and CG adjustment
  • Various minor texturing/UV tweaks
  • Total makeover of many manipulators in the cockpit for optimal mouse and VR use.

Additions:

• Added option to remove "ghost throttle" symbology
  • Added option to have a mouse manipulator to move both thrust levers simultaneously (for VR or mouse fliers).
  • Added option to use two separate hardware axis for throttles (no locking lever at idle).
  • Added VRconfig.txt for optimal VR compatibility
  • User created PBD (Place / Bearing / Distance) waypoints implemented on LEGS and RTE page

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Like 7

Aliens!!!!!!

You have enabled clickspot markings in your XP options, search for the option in the keyboard commands "toggle of visualization of clickable cockpit area", on my install the key is "n".

Edited by Iain

9 minutes ago, alexcolka said:

Dear Ben,

About that message, when to install final Gizmo?

Thanks,

I don't know what you're asking here?

The info was added to help us diagnose when people post screenshots. It also ensures people can not run old versions of the beta if they chose to install it.

When the beta run is final and we make a new stable release of Gizmo, the wording will be removed. We don't know when that will be.

Hi,

I installed v3.1 and though I call for the aircraft to be running on start - the cut-off levers are down, shut-off. I tried a clean install on another drive and got the same result.

The engines sound like they are running with many low pressure lights and the gauges do not increase with thrust lever increase.

Was ist los?

Update working well for me, views got overwritten, I wish the patch didn't overwrite that, but no big deal.  Next flight, Sumburgh to Edinburgh, then a cargo flight down to RAF Valley....hint hint, really look forward to a Cargo version!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Iain said:

Update working well for me, views got overwritten, I wish the patch didn't overwrite that, but no big deal.  Next flight, Sumburgh to Edinburgh, then a cargo flight down to RAF Valley....hint hint, really look forward to a Cargo version!!

I'd like to understand this a bit more. By views, do you mean the IXEG menu controlled view prefs, or X-Plane custom selected views? The installer does not touch files which it did not create (like liveries you download from the internet). Therefore, if it's custom X-Plane views you shouldn't be getting hit with this.

I mean custom views, ie. control 1,2,3,4,5 etc to set my view of fmc, overhead, console etc.   I ran the new installer, it uninstalled the old verison, installed the new one.  Funnily enough, it said I should restart my pc to complete the install, something I don't recall seeing before.  Then when I started, the views were not setup.   It only takes 5 minutes to do though.  Not sure if it's a fault from my side or with the installer.

1 minute ago, Iain said:

I mean custom views, ie. control 1,2,3,4,5 etc to set my view of fmc, overhead, console etc.   I ran the new installer, it uninstalled the old verison, installed the new one.  Funnily enough, it said I should restart my pc to complete the install, something I don't recall seeing before.  Then when I started, the views were not setup.   It only takes 5 minutes to do though.  Not sure if it's a fault from my side or with the installer.

Something weird here. I personally program these installers. We do not have any text to prompt a restart, and that file should be preserved.

If for some reason that file is not getting preserved, I can try and code around this further. Have you experienced this every time you've updated?

Same behaviour than Iain for X-Plane custom selected views, on 1.30 and 1.31 installer. I have confirmation dialog that appears in background too during installation. For example, the confirmation dialog for uninstall old version appears behind main window. I took a long time to understand what happens haha :lol:.

Edited by Benj

Just now, Benj said:

Same behaviour than Iain for X-Plane custom selected views, on 1.30 and 1.31 installer. I have confirmation dialog that appears in background too. For example, the confirmation dialog for uninstall old version appears behind main window. I took a long time to understand what happens haha :lol:.

That will typically happen if you've "gone away" from the installer to multitask on other stuff. I can't help that one, honestly. I'm glad you sorted it out though.

I don't create custom views myself. What's the filename called? I'll be sure we code a fail-safe for this next round.

Yeh, that's a pain, you wait for the install to start, but the prompt asking you to confirm to uninstall the old version goes into the background!  I done all that, and near the end, there was another prompt to restart the pc.  I did, then I ran the installer again to be sure, and it uninstalled, installed, but there was no restart prompt this time.

The restart prompt was from the installer, the same window and graphics style.  But like I said, it only appeared the first time.

Edited by Iain

Just now, ktomais said:

Hey IXEG team,

Downloaded, loaded the new plane. Now I see this message on the top left regarding Gizmo (version vis on screenshot). Is it expected? 

Thanks for the feedback!

B733_-_2020-06-06_22_18_29.png

Have a look a bit higher up in this thread, it's to be expected.  

Just now, ktomais said:

Hey IXEG team,

Downloaded, loaded the new plane. Now I see this message on the top left regarding Gizmo (version vis on screenshot). Is it expected? 

Thanks for the feedback!

It's been explained already in the very topic you've posted in!

5 minutes ago, Cameron said:

That will typically happen if you've "gone away" from the installer to multitask on other stuff. I can't help that one, honestly. I'm glad you sorted it out though.

I don't create custom views myself. What's the filename called? I'll be sure we code a fail-safe for this next round.

Mhhh thanks for the info ! Next time I will try to do nothing at the beginning of installation ;). The filename for custom views is B733_prefs.txt .

Edited by Benj

2 minutes ago, Benj said:

Mhhh thanks for the info ! Next time I will try to do nothing at the beginning of installation ;). The filename for custom views is B733_prefs.txt .

Are you sure? Looking at that further, that looks to be a file we create, not X-Plane. It's part of our install.

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic