VR feedback and suggestions

Litjan

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

I just tested the mouse in VR and for me it works flawlessly on the overhead panel (and everywhere else).

Here is something to keep in mind: Our manipulator clickspots move with the switch. So in case of a "click to toggle" switch like the yaw damper, the clickspot will move away from your mousepointer once you click the switch! You can see that the little "hand" turns into an "arrow" at that time. You will then have to move your mouse again until it touches the switch (and turns into a little hand) again to toggle the switch a second time.

Cheers, Jan

I'll give it another go, it was first time setting everything back up xplane wise for me last night so could have been a PEBKAC. Ill keep that in mind,  it could also have been some perspective thing as well i guess. Is there a way in the development menu to show clickspots? This might help me debug it, been a long time since I flew in XP.

1 hour ago, Deathbane said:

Is there a way in the development menu to show clickspots?

When you set up your VR configuration in X-Plane there is an option to show the green "manipulators" - not quite sure what the option is exactly called, but you will find it. It is in the same menu where you choose between "realistic" and "ergonomic" yoke and also enable/disable the VR-mouse pointer.

Let me know how it works out for you!

Cheers, Jan

On 6/21/2020 at 6:29 PM, 3rdwatch said:

Anyone have any ideas why I lose the sounds when I go into VR? I have this problem with the rotate MD-80 also but not the ZIBO.

What hardware you have?

I have seen several forums post were people using WMR hardware have no sounds if they do start xplane before starting WMR.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, 

In VR it is possible to switch off the battery without lifting the guard when pointing handcontrollers to batt sw. Just a heads-up.

I like to actually have the handcontroller ON the switch (so without the green laser) when flipping switches, it seems to work better. However, touching the guard of the batt. switch, I can actually switch batt pwr off and the guards is never lifted. 

Edited by teeloo

Thanks for letting us know, teelo!

I will try if I also get this with my Rift - and maybe it is also possible with the mouse? Normally the guard being closed will also close (connect) the battery, but maybe it is not checking the "state" of that guard but rather the "movement"...

Cheers, Jan

• Like 1

Thrustreverser in VR TIP:

What works like a charm for me is selecting the throttles with the RH controller (keeping the trigger engaged). Btw Ixeg, thank you for the dual throttle linkage. Going to idle is moving your RH controller fully aft (@IXEG a nice idle stop sound would be great to confirm that). Having the RH grip switch assigned to reverse toggle, I trigger that switch while still having my RH full aft. No need to hold grip switch, just a single press. Now moving RH forward increases reverse. Back to idle, press the grip once switch again and throttle control is normal again. 

It's very handy and fluid move on landing without hassle and without other hardware. 

@IXEG, I'd really love an idle-stop sound (or controller vibration), as in VR you don't look at the throttle state at that point and there is no tactile feedback. 

Edited by teeloo
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Litjan said:

I will try if I also get this with my Rift - and maybe it is also possible with the mouse?

Just to confirm: you have to hold the virtual handcontroller against the guard switch. In fact going right through the guard switch and then press the trigger button. 

It is as if the controller reaches out to the switch itself and ignoring the guard switch. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Loving the VR experience in the 737 so far, but one thing that would greatly enhance the immersion would be if the control column returned to neutral by itself when not being held. I use the vr controllers to fly the plane, and I am unable to engage the autopilot on climbout because as was mentioned in one of the videos, the autopilot can only be engaged when the stick is neutral.

My solution to this so far has been to keep my joystick on the ground beside me while flying in VR, and to kick it when I want to engage the autopilot, as this neutralises the control column. Not an optimal solution! So I'd really appreciate if there was at least an option to make it like the Zibo, where the control column snaps to neutral when not being held. 

Yes, I noticed the same thing when flying in VR - I did not know that there is an option to have the stick return to neutral!

I have to look into this, I always assumed that in VR this is the way it is supposed to be, so you can let go of the stick and manipulate other knobs and dials without the airplane snapping back to neutral controls.

I will try to find out how that works...

Cheers, Jan

12 hours ago, Stratosfeerick said:

My solution to this so far has been to keep my joystick on the ground beside me while flying in VR

Hi Strarosfeerick,

I played a bit with this - and I think this solution works quite well: Make a (second) control profile for the IXEG 737 for flying in VR - and set the pitch and roll axis of your joystick to "none".

Now you can fly with the VR manipulators, when letting go of the yoke the yoke stays in the "old" position, but as soon as you gently click the yoke, it will "snap" back to neutral and you can engage the autopilot.

Cheers, Jan

• Like 1

• Litjan unpinned this topic

Can I ask whether the Reversers work in VR using the controllers?  They don't seem to work at all for me, I can't grab or move them at all.  I'm using a HP Reverb with WMR controllers.  Other than that this bird is a pleasure in VR.

Would love to see Preflight and Load settings etc. available in the VR environment too, similar to the Zibo where you can do it all via the Tablet.   Saves whipping the headset on and off.

Ken.

• Like 1

Kennair 

You need to assign the xp11 reverse switch to a button (I use the RH controller middle finger trigger). When that switch is activated, the throttle ‘axis’ of the RH controller changes into reverse axis. 

Now, move your RH controller forward (!) as if you’d give full thrust and the reverse will move backwards. A bit weird but it works like a charm. 

Edited by teeloo
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

At present time you will have to setup weight, fuel, gpu,  and general aircraft preferences over the 2D window as said on the IXEG announcement, but i am quite sure the IXEG menus will also be integrated to VR later.

Hi. Just wondered, a year on, whether the setup menus are working from within VR somehow now (can't see how to bring them up?).

If not, will they be any time soon? Not so big a deal at the start I guess, but later on, closing doors, disconnecting GPU etc. before pushback means removing the VR headset, coming out of VR and starting on the monitor again, then going back... not great!

Edited by martinlest

9 minutes ago, martinlest said:

If not, will they be any time soon? Not so big a deal at the start I guess, but later on, closing doors, disconnecting GPU etc. before pushback means removing the VR headset, coming out of VR and starting on the monitor again, then going back... not great!

Yep. we know - no estimate as for "when" for now, though. Various ideas floating around (avitab, new menu system that works in VR, more "mappable" commands, etc.)

Its not forgotten!

Cheers, Jan

Its not forgotten!

Great!  Please make it very soon.. :) OK, it's not quite a 'deal breaker' perhaps, but having to come out of VR and mess around on the screen disinclines me to fly the 733 at the moment (I have only flown in VR from the moment I first gave it a first try!). Which is shame, 'cos like everyone (I imagine) who flies the IXEG 733, I just LOVE it to bits... Maybe add the options to an CDU/FMC menu, as some other developers do?

Even a temporary workaround (having the menus fixed somewhere under the captain's side window - there's plenty of room!) would be welcome. Can't wait to fly this plane in VR.

Thanks.

Edited by martinlest

• 6 months later...