Only works on C172

David B

I just installed the G5 as instructed in the x-plane folder and not the specific aircraft folder, using the installer.  It works perfectly on the C172, but not in my Just Flight Turbo Arrow III .  Any advice on what I am doing wrong or need to do.  Hate to admit, i am brand new to all of this and not sure where to start.

Thanks.  It looks like I will  be on my own.  Not a great guide.  Are there any other resources available, or a forum to ask questions?  My initial problem is that the installer only wants to place the files in the general x-plane folder and the does not set up the add-on to configure in the arrow folder.  Not sure if I can just copy the files to get started or if the installer performs other actions I have to replicate?  Once I get the foundation right, I am sure I can tweak it as necessary.

4 hours ago, David B said:

Thanks.  It looks like I will  be on my own.  Not a great guide.  Are there any other resources available, or a forum to ask questions?  My initial problem is that the installer only wants to place the files in the general x-plane folder and the does not set up the add-on to configure in the arrow folder.  Not sure if I can just copy the files to get started or if the installer performs other actions I have to replicate?  Once I get the foundation right, I am sure I can tweak it as necessary.

That is addressed in the very first step of the integration guide I linked you too! https://torquesim.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/G/pages/164508/G5+Integration+Guide

OK, I am making progress.  This is all new to me.  I have followed all the instructions up to step 3.  First, the good news.  The G5s work fine as pop outs.  The bad news is that they still don't show in my panel.  That must be what happens in step 3.  

In your cockpit object (where all your manipulators are), the display texture will be needed. (Q: how do I add display texture?)

• Match the UV coordinates of the rectangle to what is set in your acfConfig.cfg (Q: what are UV coordinates and where do I find them?)(Q: I don't see anything called UV Coordinates in the actConfig.cfg file either)

• Add the commands for the knobs (A matches for PFD unit, B matches for HSI unit): (Where do I add the commands for the controls?  Is this just adding to keyboard or joystick controls? or something else?)

• Upvote 1

Integration into the 3D panel requires the aircraft developers to either integrate it (as similar to the RXP GTNs) or provide the source cockpit manipulator object in blender format to add in the screen space and manipulators. 

• 6 months later...
5 hours ago, Dave Valenti said:

I have the afm mooney with the G5 imot installed. The pop ups work but the 3d panels are off. the knobs do control the popups but i would like to be able to use the 3d panel as well. What am i doing wrong?

The M20 has specific install instructions, which can be found at the bottom of the page here: https://afmsim.com/g5/