Errors upon installation

ChevyRules

I got around to updating the 733 and upon installation and loading, getting error messages such as unable to load some sound files, etc. Input KPHX into the FMS and get not in database error( despite latest AIRAC installed and FMS shows it is loaded). I have uninstalled the 733, the TBM900, and any traces of Gizmo, etc and reinstalled using both stable and beta versions of Gizmo with no luck.

Attached are the Gizmo and log.txt files.

T7 Touch:X-Plane 11:GizmoLog.txt Log.txt

28 minutes ago, tkyler said:

Looks like the scripts are choking on missing sounds , or so it thinks.  Are the sound files indeed  missing from the folder specified?

-tkyler

The sound files that it says are missing are present in the folder.

Edited by ChevyRules

It looks like you are still running the "MarginalGround traffic" plugin. From your log.txt:

Loaded: Custom Scenery/KLAX - Los Angeles International HD/plugins/GroundTraffic/mac.xpl (Marginal.GroundTraffic.KLAX - Los Angeles International HD).

Try without that, please?

Thanks, Jan

8 hours ago, Litjan said:

Maybe some out of memory condition that won´t allow loading additional sounds.

Try to load the plane at TXKF and see if you get the same errors there?

Errors still occurring there with 30 GB of RAM free and ~4 GB of VRAM used out of 8 GB.

As a curiosity, even though the sound files are present in the folder, the sounds do not play. 

Edited by ChevyRules

Yeah, I am not a computer expert, but I gather that the amount of free RAM or VRAM is not the issue - it is the amount of "file calls" that the operating system can handle.

It´s like having a hospital with 10 doctors in it. You could easily add a few stories to the hospital, it still couldn´t handle more patients.

So the idea is to whittle down the number of things your computer is trying to do at the same time. Running plugins, loading scenery, doing other things (background programs, browsers, etc.)

I am pretty certain that other customers with identical hardware have run the plane just fine, so the interesting question is: What is unique about your setup that brings out these errors...

Cheers, Jan

Figured it out. Moved X-Plane to the internal drive and the 733 works. So for whatever reason, it didn't like being installed on my T7 Touch( yet previous version of the 733 worked just fine). But now to figure out why the symbolic link I have to my custom scenery folder doesn't work, but that's obviously another issue outside of the 733. :)

Edited by ChevyRules
  • Like 1