Saab 340A with high loads

tADEUS73

Hi guys,

Since Air Hauler 2 came out I'm flying a lot of cargo and are pushing the weight allowance of various planes to the limits :)

Yesterday I was flying the cargo Saab with a take off weight of around 26K lbs (from what I'm understating the MTOW is around 27K).

And let's just say it was very hard.

Take-off from 7K feet runway at sea level and around 20C OAT, flaps 7, weak headwind - almost didn't make it :)

Then later cruise at 21K feet - despite going almost full throttle to the ITT limit the autopilot wasn't able to cruise without 4 degree nose up to not lose altitude.

And during landing I almost smashed on the runway because there seemed to be not enough lift despite going 3 notch flaps and 120kt without much wind.

I did try to search all the performance documentation, but to be honest I didn't get everything, from what I could decipher the performance impact of going 26K lbs should be noticeable but not like that.

I'm assuming I might be doing something wrong :D Maybe it's the CG that I should change manually? I'm using the automatic one from xplane (well AH2 has loaded the plane, so I didn't touch anything), but the total weight within the weight and balance menu was inside the 27k limit and the CG was set to the standard setting.

Any experiences from other heavy load flyers?

Thanks!