FAQ for new users (Version 1.5 for XP12)

Litjan

Hi and welcome to the IXEG 737 - if you are new to the 737, you will likely run into a few things that could give you a little headache. I make this list here to help you avoid that:

• When changing or modifying the route in the FMS, the simulator framerate gets really slow. This is your antivirus at work, live-checking all in and out data operations. Create an exception in Windows Defender or other antivirus software for the whole X-Plane folder.
  • I can´t move the throttles. Often this is the newest version of XPUIPC interfering, downgrading to an older version works. It could also be the autothrottle having "control" of the thrust levers, in this case you need to first turn it off, then "re-align" your hardware throttles with the virtual throttles in the cockpit to regain control.
  • Where do I set weight and balance and load the fuel? This is done in the default X-Plane menu for now.
  • I can´t engage the autopilot, or it won´t keep the modes. Often that is the joystick not being centered. Just like in the real plane, moving the joystick(yoke) will revert to CWS pitch and/or roll or even disengage the autopilot (and prevent engagement in the first place).
  • The altitude alerter does not sound the c-chord "acquisition" tone when approaching my selected altitude. This is actually an airline option, the plane we model will only sound a warning if you approach the selected altitude "too fast". Note that our triggering tone when deviating from the set altitude is 250 feet - again a different option from 300 feet.
  • When sitting in the cockpit I see the ugly pilots heads. This means that your product was not activated correctly and Gizmo is not running. Gizmo is the interface script that allows us to code the systems and also handles the DRM (digital rights management).
  • I get tiny microstutters every second or so. This is Gizmo´s lua garbage collector (memory cleaning) function at work. You can try to tweak this in the right-side pop-out menu (GC tab), where you can set how much data garbage collects before it gets cleaned and how thorough the cleaning process works. YMMV. There is a new gizmo version in the works that will greatly improve this...
  • The instruments are off and I don´t have electrical power! There is a problem with the activation of the DRM module, this will display as a "Level 2 DRM check fail" in the log.txt file (to be found in your X-Plane directory), this should get fixed shortly
  • I can not enter or change vertical or speed restrictions into my route! This is limited functionality right now and the plan is to enable that in the future.
  • Why is the weather radar and terrain display not working on the FO side? This is a limitation of the OpenGL implementation of those functions and so far we have not been able to overcome this. We hope to find a way in the future.
  • Where can I find the ZFW (zero fuel weight)? Just enter the GW (gross weight) from the X-Plane weight and balance GUI into the FMS, it will calculate the ZFW for you.
  • Where can I find the trim value to set before takeoff? Use the %MAC value in the X-Plane weight and balance GUI, enter that into the CG field on the FMS takeoff page and set the displayed value in trim units on the elevator trim.
  • How do I map a button to TOGA? Please use the default X-Plane command "Autopilot take-off and go-around"
  • I have found a bug, is this one already known? Please check the "Support" forum, there is a subforum called "Bug reports" and it has a subsection "IXEG confirmed" where I keep a list...
    https://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/forum/206-ixeg-confirmed/
  • I can´t seem to set the sound levels in X-Plane, they keep reverting! Make sure you use the sound level sliders on the IXEG preferences menu to set internal, external and airflow sound volumes.
  • I can´t enter a speed or weight into the FMS! The FMS often has an allowable limit for entries to avoid typos, make sure that you are within the allowable range (i.e. no speeds < 110) and that you have selected the right units (imperial or metric) in the preferences menu.

Video showing how to set up the most important controls and preferences can be found here:

https://youtu.be/ehOXR__e9rU

Edited by Litjan
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

• Litjan changed the title to FAQ for new users (Version 1.5 for XP12)