SAAB 340A Next Version

robertzzy

Hi, having purchased the TBM900 from LES, I was about to purchase the Saab 340A. I did a little research and found that version 2 will be required to run with Vulkan and this will be treated as a new product rather than an upgrade from X-Aviation. As a programmer for many years I know the work that can go into a product however I would prefer to wait until ver2 rather than havng this aircraft 3 times in my hanger. I already own the Carnedo (excuse the spelling). 

Does anyone know if ver2 is on the horizon and when the expected release date is due to be? I have seen vague estimates such as at the end of the year or next year but I am wondering should I hold off for now.

Thanks

Robert.

5 hours ago, Goran_M said:

I'd love to know where you got your information.  

Version 2 of the Saab will be ready either late this year or some time next year.  If you already have the current version, the upgrade will be heavily discounted.  

What did he say that was incorrect? You verified everything he said except the Vulkan part.

Edited by grungebuddy

7 hours ago, grungebuddy said:

What did he say that was incorrect? You verified everything he said except the Vulkan part.

"I did a little research and found that version 2 will be required to run with Vulkan and this will be treated as a new product rather than an upgrade from X-Aviation."

V2 will be an upgrade.  Not a new product.

Edited by Goran_M
  • Like 1

I looked at so many links regarding the Saab. I honestly dont know where I read it but from its content it looked kinda offical as the author seemed to sound as if he knew everything regarding the airplane. I think it was dated sometime around March 2019 which also made the reference to the release being towards the end of the year after the release of the BN-2. It also said that the new Saab would not contain all of the functionality as the current one and listed the reasons why. The statement that made me think it was official was "I will get it as close to the real thing as I can." having listed all of the technical difficulties.

Ok.  Here's the official word.  

The big update will be a paid update for current customers, but it won't be full price.  

It will have more features than the current version that is available in the store.

It will have more systems modelled (working circuit breakers being 1 of them, as part of a newly coded electrical system.  However, this is dependant on us getting our hands on the electrical schematics)

100% new art assets.  (3D mesh, PBR textures, lighting)

Improved flight model (The flight model is likely the only thing that will not be done from the ground up.)

If you can find out where you got this information, I would be very interested in visiting this site and finding out more about the person saying these things.

Edited by Goran_M
  • Like 4

Hi Goran, this is the link I was referring to:

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialLeadingEdgeSimulations/posts/les-saab-340-xp11-compatibility-official-announcementas-youre-all-aware-the-saab/1738147979528976/

I didnt look at the posting date of it but only the 'V2' part of the posting. Hope this has not caused too much concern. Your company produce the best products I have experienced on XP. So thanks for all of your efforts.

Robert.

Ah, ok.  Well, to clear up any confusion, that is my post.  But yes, as stated, the big upgrade to version 2 will be a paid update, but heavily discounted.  There was a compatibility update made to bring the Saab up to working in X-Plane 11.  The update we're working on now, is yet another free update to fix some further issues.

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2020 at 12:37 PM, Goran_M said:

It will have more systems modelled (working circuit breakers being 1 of them, as part of a newly coded electrical system.  However, this is dependant on us getting our hands on the electrical schematics)

Have you had any success in finding the electrical schematics?  I've got a significant amount of data and information on the Saab 340, including the electrical schematics.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, N602AC said:

I'm also wanting to purchase the Saab, as I love the TBM, but am unsure if I should wait for 1.5.2. The prospect of a v2 is also exciting, of course.

If you get the version thats out now, you get V2 at a substantial discount.  If you don't get the one that's available now, you'll pay full price for V2.  Either way, it'll work out to be about the same price.

• Like 2