Throttle not working on Quadrant

Fac

Hi everyone,

For a few weeks this aircraft has been working flawlessly and I loved it, however yesterday when starting a flight I found out my throttle on my quadrant wasn't controlling the throttle in the aircraft, therefore it is unflyable.

This isn't an issue with the quadrant because it works for every other aircraft I have. I've tried to change the throttle binding to the prop and mixture levers but that still did nothing. I even reinstalled the entire aircraft but still have the same issue.

Any support with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

25 minutes ago, jcallum said:

This may not help but I recently had this issue with the IXEG 737 and the problem was that I had a new version of XPUIPC. I had to install an older version of XPUIPC and then it worked. No idea why. Maybe a  Gizmo issue?

Never heard of XPUIPC before so that probably isn't the issue here. If it's a gizmo issue I'm not sure what I can do to fix it.

Check your calibration and any other assignments you might have. The TBM won’t spontaneously mess up your calibration. Something must have changed. 
Also, just as a precaution, check your maintenance manager for any possible repairs that may need to be done. 

28 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Check your calibration and any other assignments you might have. The TBM won’t spontaneously mess up your calibration. Something must have changed. 
Also, just as a precaution, check your maintenance manager for any possible repairs that may need to be done. 

I've checked all my other assignments. Nothing else that could possibly affect the this. And there are no repairs, it's a new clean install, let alone a new flight model. 

Edited by Fac

Need to take more drastic steps.  Can you temporarily remove skunkcrafts updater (this is known to cause problems with the TBM), FlywithLUA and JarDesign Ground Handling.

Also, I would like to ask that you double check any throttle assignments in your hardware, and make sure nothing is doubled up.

My hunch is that FlywithLUA may be doing something, but I'm not 100% sure.

Can you try disconnecting all hardware and using the manipulator to move the throttle?  Want to make sure that at least THAT is working correctly for you.

The next step is to make a second install of vanilla X-Plane and the TBM (no scenery) and testing on that.  If it works in your second install, and not your primary one, then it's definitely something gone awry in your primary install.

10 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Can you try disconnecting all hardware and using the manipulator to move the throttle?  Want to make sure that at least THAT is working correctly for you.

The next step is to make a second install of vanilla X-Plane and the TBM (no scenery) and testing on that.  If it works in your second install, and not your primary one, then it's definitely something gone awry in your primary install.

I'm able to use the throttle through other inputs, just not the throttle quadrant. 

I also don't have enough storage space for a second installation, so I guess my only option is to reinstall the whole game. 

It's strange how it just suddenly stopped working but just for this aircraft. Every other aircraft works perfectly... 

I've deleted the contents, started up and still have the issue. Unplugged and reset my yoke and throttle quadrant to factory settings and still the same. I've also removed all unnecessary plugins so I just have these:

image.png.6dbbec9fdb35c7487f30b6dc51becdb3.png

Ok, so if you can use the throttle through other inputs, that all but verifies the problem lies with something other than the TBM, ie. either with your hardware calibration, some kind of plug in that overrides your controls, or the hardware itself. The only thing I can suggest is to go through everything again, and make sure there isn't something else overriding your throttle inputs.  

8 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Ok, so if you can use the throttle through other inputs, that all but verifies the problem lies with something other than the TBM, ie. either with your hardware calibration, some kind of plug in that overrides your controls, or the hardware itself. The only thing I can suggest is to go through everything again, and make sure there isn't something else overriding your throttle inputs.  

I've checked and checked again. I removed every hardware I have except the yoke and throttle, removed all unnecessary plugins, new airframe, new aircraft install. I really don't know what to do other than to reinstall xplane which I don't particularly want to do. 

It's strange how it came out of nowhere but just for this aircraft. 

14 minutes ago, Fac said:

I've checked and checked again. I removed every hardware I have except the yoke and throttle, removed all unnecessary plugins, new airframe, new aircraft install. I really don't know what to do other than to reinstall xplane which I don't particularly want to do. 

It's strange how it came out of nowhere but just for this aircraft. 

You're telling me.  Something must have changed that caused this to happen.  The only other thing I can think of, which will reset everything, is to delete your preferences folder contents.  You'll lose all your calibrations, but it's an opportunity to really narrow it down.

4 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

You're telling me.  Something must have changed that caused this to happen.  The only other thing I can think of, which will reset everything, is to delete your preferences folder contents.  You'll lose all your calibrations, but it's an opportunity to really narrow it down.

So, delete everything in output > preferences? Is that the correct location? Will this folder repopulate with the plugin preferences?

Edited by Fac