V1.3 Gizmo Beta no side menu

leeroy173

HI,

i just installed the V1.3 Update and experienced some issues with Gizmo.

I have reinstalled it a couple of times trying to troubleshoot.

Installing using the Gizmo beta leaves me with no left side menu and PFD, ND and CDU Screens not working. Gizmo menu on the right of the screen works fine.

Installing using the Gizmo Stable version seems to work as intendet. but i would like to see the performance updates of the beta.

I was only once on the first install asked for my login credentials in the sim, every reinstall after that i did have to enter email and password.

After searching the internet i could not find much information, only to make shure that 733_prefs is not read only, which i checked.

Thanks for continuing work on this amazing aircraft.

Sincerely, Leeroy

Hi Leeroy,

I steer your attention to this post, there is a link at the bottom to the latest Beta of Gizmo as published by Ben Russel, the developer. Always pays to try those...

You can just swap out versions all you like, the credentials are stored elsewhere so you won´t be asked to enter them again.

Unfortunately some systems can´t run the newest version...yet.

Cheers, Jan

Hi Jan,

Thanks, most recent version gives the same result. But thanks for pointing me to this part of the forum i was not aware about.

Can i supply some log or something to help iron this out or is this a case where no more help is needed?

Until then, Stable version it is :)

Sincerely, Leeroy

FYI: Just seeing the same issue. No menues anymore.

I tried:

--  DatarefEditor: changing the values for the two sidemenue datarefs

--  Editing the values in IXEG_user_prefs.txt  (strange, if i change the values for disable_vizmenu_popout => 1 anf disable_mainmenu_popout => 1, load the aircraft and use the toggle commands (button / Joystick),  i can make those windows visible, edit to my liking, Disable the "Hide side ... windows to OFF, but changes are NOT reflected in ixeg_user_prefs.txt (Notepad++ notices changes and reloads ... )  Once i saw the window (mainmenue) disappear all by itself while changing the prefs ((( except: hide the meues of course ;-)   )))

-- Changing from Gizmo Beta to Gizmo stable via NEW INSTALL. Even this does not cure the issue

-- Installing Gizmo beta/stable via NEW INSTALL on a CLEAN INSTALL (different drive/no plugins/no scripts/default x-plane). Same issue now.

FYI

Cheers

Oliver

IXEG_user_prefs.txt

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Edited by JetNoise
added latest logs ..

Hrm - this is getting weird... If you are running an unusual monitor configuration it could be that your window is now outside the viewable boundaries?

Here are the values from the prefs.txt:

mainMenuX = 180

mainMenuY = 284

Thats the only thing I can think of. If all else fails, also delete (or move away) the IXEG_user_prefs.txt to test.

Cheers, Jan

Just now, Litjan said:

Hrm - this is getting weird... If you are running an unusual monitor configuration it could be that your window is now outside the viewable boundaries?

Here are the values from the prefs.txt:

mainMenuX = 180

mainMenuY = 284

Thats the only thing I can think of. If all else fails, also delete (or move away) the IXEG_user_prefs.txt to test.

Cheers, Jan

I will try these values in a minute.

BTW forgot to mention:  PFD ND and FMC stays dark as well ....
That is realy weird ... (sometimes)

Just now, JetNoise said:

I will try these values in a minute.

BTW forgot to mention:  PFD ND and FMC stays dark as well ....
That is realy weird ... (sometimes)

This could be an OpenGL problem, then.

Maybe try to disable other plugins (especially fly with lua)...

Also not sure what this does?

"Application was launched with the following command line options...
    '/high"

7 minutes ago, Litjan said:

This could be an OpenGL problem, then.

Maybe try to disable other plugins (especially fly with lua)...

Also not sure what this does?

"Application was launched with the following command line options...
    '/high"

Jan, Thanks for the suggestions. This setup was working well, even with a lot more plugins enabled, Vulcan mode and edit for the beteerpush plug. And it did so until yesterday. No changes or edits made to xplane, except an update of Tivat payware sceney.      (FYI , i also have NO or only very few  ground traffic plugins loading (using xOrganizer) So plugins are to a minimum anyway

IDK whats going on here.

Oh sorry "  /high  " parameter starts xplane with high priority on windows. Used for ages ;-)

Oliver

Edited by JetNoise

Just now, Litjan said:

Unlikely that those are newer. The 20.05.29 is TADA!!! from the 29th of May 2020. The latest installer was cut over a week ago.

Don't know honestly,  last thing i did today, i reinstalled the aircraft again, tried it, didn't work. Grabbed the Gizmo from the trash, replaced the one that was installed and now i am flying again .........

Whatever bugged there (user included)  i'd call it solved for me now.
Thank you for your patience and help !!!!     Now its SPACEX DM-2 time. (which possibly gets scrubbed again for WX )

Oliver  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcflyslim said:

Hello;

I have the same problem that the colleagues mentioned above. The settings menu on the left does not appear. The aircraft loads energized and I can't choose the dark and cold cockpit.
I'm also using Gizmo64 20.04.11.0334

Try downgrading to the latest stable version of Gizmo (18....) and let us know how it goes?

On 5/30/2020 at 3:05 PM, Litjan said:

Hi!

I have the same problem of mcflyslim. 

Yesterday was working normally, i didn't change anything and it happened. Black screens, FMC and no menu on the left side. I returned to the ''stable'' version but it's so difficult to fly, because got many ''mini stutters'' during the flight, and i'm with 80fps on my X-PLANE.

I already donwloaded the beta version that you post on the other post, and got the same problem. 

Edited by propleo1

49 minutes ago, propleo1 said:

Hi!

I have the same problem of mcflyslim. 

Yesterday was working normally, i didn't change anything and it happened. Black screens, FMC and no menu on the left side. I returned to the ''stable'' version but it's so difficult to fly, because got many ''mini stutters'' during the flight, and i'm with 80fps on my X-PLANE.

I already donwloaded the beta version that you post on the other post, and got the same problem. 

The beta plugin clearly has multiple issues that I need to resolve.

Even if it appears to be working on the surface you may suffer from random bugs that make your invested flight time pointless.

Due to the nature of the X-Plane SDK, these bugs may even spill over into your other products.

Revert to v18 (stable).

The aircraft is really unflyable with the ''''''stable'''' version of gizmo64. Totally stuttering all the flight. You can't modify ANYTHING on the LEGS page of the FMC, without the aircraft start to stutter all 1 second. It's really sad, because it's not only me, and this problem happens since many time ago, with many people. The beta version is better and more stable than this one. Really sad. 75 bucks for an aircraft that you simply can't fly whitout change something on the FMC.