Pop Out Menu v1.3

Yidahoo

I am having issues seeing the pop out menu since updating. As in I never see it. I run two monitors but only one with X-Plane, the other for general Windows stuff. I have tried Full Screen and Windowed mode, assigned a key stroke to the pop up menu but to no avail. Also tried rebooting Gizmo (v2) and reinstalling the plane. Any ideas on how to get that menu up?

On 5/30/2020 at 8:12 AM, Yidahoo said:

Problem solved. I saw on another post a similar problem when using Gizmo v2. So I rolled back to the stable version and got the menus back. Thanks for your help. 

I also had to revert back to GIZMO Gizmo64.plugin-20.05.25.0548-beta to get my menues back.

As of now, everything works and lets me fly again.

Strange and FYI @Litjan  as i reported in an earlier post,  ALL was working (except the known bugs (scrollwheel etc. ) until without known reason problems started.

I initially started the install with the Beta version of GIZMO on release day. Switched to the stable then and tried everything you suggested back and forth.

Another strange one: I had two occasions, where whenever the APU started to supply power (from Cold&dark)  engine #1 started to spool up (without fuel  igniting) .

All switches/levers were in their C&D position at that time.

Oliver

Edited by JetNoise

Hi Oliver,

yeah, Ben stated that the problems with the new betas are due to memory conflicts - so it can be running fine one day, not the other day... YMMV.

Regarding the engine spool up - make sure that you have no other plugins interfering, especially fly with lua, etc.

Cheers, Jan

6 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Hi Oliver,

yeah, Ben stated that the problems with the new betas are due to memory conflicts - so it can be running fine one day, not the other day... YMMV.

Regarding the engine spool up - make sure that you have no other plugins interfering, especially fly with lua, etc.

Cheers, Jan

Okay, great news then .... (that its not me ;-)  )

FlyWith Lua:  Understand, BUT  FWL has become a MUST HAVE plugin meanwhile. It or the IXEG needs to be compatible with it, IMHO. (since all other aircraft (26 +IXEG), i own are)

I am not using it for fancy stuff,  only  small FPS display, IXEG callouts, Landing performance (for fun only) and minor performance tweaks, (which will be obsolete with Vulcan, i am sure, since testing it)

and one CloudArt script which comes with the cloudset (same Name). Thats it...

Schönen Tag noch,  Oliver

Hi Oliver,

IXEG is fully compatible with fly with lua - it is just when a user runs a script with it that messes with some datarefs, things go south.

So it is up to the user to make sure that his fwl scripts don´t interfere with the operation of the IXEG 737. It could be that they are setting the "engage starter" dataref to 1 - so the engines would start turning without doing anything in the 737 cockpit, for example.

So if you see something odd happening, this is what you would need to rule influence of 3rd party out:

There are many plugins out there that are REALLY awesome (like fly with lua) but unwanted interaction is always possible. Per definitionem no plugin can be considered "standard".

Viele Grüße, Jan

Hoi zäme!

I just installed this wonderful ac again this morning, first test shows no left hand pop out menu, nothing showing on the ND or HSI etc.  

Deleted Gizmo (was version 20.xxxxxxx?) and found version 18....no working like a charm.

FYI, I googled Gizmo and I think I went to the official site, that site has a bad link to the latest version, and I couldn't find archive of versions there.  

I found version 18 by clicking a link in Threshold news about a Gizmo release from 2018 and it linked to a dropbox.    Maybe worth checking the official website.

Congrats on the patch!

Thanks Ian!

Version 18 of Gizmo should be included in your installer (choose "stable" instead of "beta").

There are a few versions of Gizmo buried in the developers thread...and it doesn´t help that different versions seem to work for different people...AND also change behaviour from time to time.

So the official stance is: Use the stable version (18) that is included in the 1.3 installer.

There is no single repository for Gizmo with all legacy, current stable and beta versions, unfortunately.

Using google I was also able to find this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvgwe6ro40oahb3/Gizmo64.plugin-18.02.12.0240.zip?dl=1

and this:

https://www.facebook.com/G64xpl

and you may also be able to get advice here:

https://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/forum/114-general-discussion/

Cheers, Jan

Ah ok, but when you see an option for smoother and better performance in XP you have to try it!

Anyway, look forward to flying it again later, first flight, Edinburgh up to Sumburgh. I would live stream it but I’m a bit rusty.

• Like 1