ASI Cursor Rotation not Animated?

Torbinator

Hi,

I have reported it already and IXEG knows.

“During my first flight with the new version, noticed that the orange bugs on both ASIs cannot be moved using the mouse scroll wheel. Would be nice if this could be implemented.”

Edited by Super27

Hi guys,

make sure you "pull out" the knob to operate those first. You should see a little white flag come up with an M on it (for manual). THEN you can rotate that wheel to change the bug - it is normally driven by the MCP or the FMC.

Not sure about the mousewheel in 1.3, but it will definitely work (in the right direction, too!) in 1.31.

Cheers, Jan

17 hours ago, Torbinator said:

Hi Jan,,

Well now that is weird. Attached is what I see.

I have been using a fresh install and the Gizmo beta. Could it be the install gone bad or the Gizmo beta?

Also note how a few times it "sinks" back toward its previous position. 

It happens when you ocassionally push the knob. See closer at the video. It is really tricky sometimes to let rotate the knob without pushing it back. But who really uses this knob during operation?

40 minutes ago, Hullu-poika said:

But who really uses this knob during operation?

Well, I haven´t in 10 years...but of course we would like to get it working reliably. If the knob gets pushed in, it shouldn´t rotate, but the speed cursor shouldn´t change, either.

I will talk to Tom, maybe we can change the "In Out" motion to a simple click, so it isn´t so easy to push when you try to turn...

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1