IXEG 1.3 View Presets Menu bug

mamulo

Hi,

do you possibly use any other plugins (x-camera, etc.) that may interfere with it?

Honestly - the preset view menu is somewhat obsolete, you will probably get much easier and better results with setting up pre-saved views with the default X-Plane view system (set up view, press CTRL-Numpad key to save it...now press the same Numpad key to recall that view).

Cheers, Jan

1 minute ago, mamulo said:

I have different plugins but nothing related to cameras or views. I use a MacBook Pro, I use the laptop keyboard I don't have any numpad. I don't know how to save views in MacOS. :D

Well, buy a real computer!! :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, I don´t know why the saving for the views would not work for you. Maybe some sort of writing permission thing?

Edited by Litjan

JAJAJAJAJAJA! :D You're right my friend. I need a new one. I wish I could afford to buy one, but I can't right now.

I hope I can get it once this pandemic times are over.

BTW I forgot to report that the VNAV descent is unstable, in VNAV climb it is ok, but when the aircraft reaches the T/D and pitch down the nose,

the transition from cruise to the descent face is a little bit too fast and to catch the vertical path the rate of descent goes up to 5000 fpm,

when it finally reaches the right angle,  it doesn't keep the vertical path captured,  instead, it ends up in a pitch oscillation around 600 fpm up and down. 

Here is a video showing the oscillation. Let me know if I have to open a new topic for this report.

Hmm, I can´t see the video...

Yes, the initial "dive" for the path is a known problem. The real plane starts a bit more smooth - our plane is like "falling off a cliff" as the path suddently drops down and it tries to catch up.

However - if you use FL CHG in the real aircraft while still targeting a MACH number (high altitude) it will also descend with V/S of 4-5000 fpm sometimes.

The oscillation could be due to a bug with our VNAV descent calculation - if VNAV does not perform as wanted, use FL CHG or V/S instead for now.

Cheers, Jan

I'm a real pilot too, I know about the use of the FL CHG, I actually use it more in real life than the VNAV mode itself in the plane I fly. Two more things. 1- Have you received comments about problems with drag being too low? When I deploy the flaps, I found there is no drag enough to slow the aircraft. I don't know if that is a real behavior but I find it strange. 2- It seems like the plane flies with an excessive nose-up attitude

Anyway! These are the reports I have. Thanks a lot for your help my friend, so let's wait for the update and see what's going to happen.

BE safe.

IMG_5506.HEIC.pdf

Hi mamulo, are you flying with the "experimental flight model" turned on? This is required to get perfect results for the flight model.

I tuned the plane to fly according to the numbers I still have from my official training - all the pitch+power values we had to learn by heart so we could stabilize the plane quickly.

Drag from flaps does not really start to add up much until you get to about Flaps 10. The lower settings are really just making the wing "bigger" - not more curved. Drag from the slats is not much either, especially on the intermediate extend.

Cheers, Jan

Hi Jan,

Yes, I'm using the experimental flight model. 

Excellent! 

Yesterday I found a couple of issues. 1- The first happened with the replay option in X-plane. If I press play to start the replay and I am in the cockpit view, I can't jump to the other different views to see the landing from outside the airplane, then the point of view turns back and gets stuck facing to the Capt. backseat and I get a  weird digital sound.

2- When I load the aircraft in any preset state with the AviTab option on, the AVitab doesn't work, I have to turn it off on the menu and the turn it on again to make it work. 

Cheers!!