flap lever; APU-sound

cloudfreak1

my problem is if i move the flap lever with the mouse i often oversteer the point to the desired flap setting
would be great you could reduce the sensitivity for flap lever movement a little bit

PS: at taxiing to parking position starting APU and after  engine shutdown there is no APU-sound 

X-Plane11.50.9

Edited by cloudfreak1

Thanks for the feedback! I will check the APU sound!

The flap lever in the real 737 can be moved smoothly to any position and the flaps will follow suit. So you could set it to "flaps 5.7832" if you wanted to.

There is a metal rail underneath with indentions, and if you slide it over this rail (it is springloaded to down) it will "snap" into these detents. It is perfectly possible to set it outside those detents, though. Often a lazy captain would just move the flap lever a tiny fraction aft so that the electric trim runs in the fast setting when getting the plane ready for the night (4 units down stab setting).

So I am hesitant to make the detents any bigger (or rather have Tom do it, I have no idea how to), especially since you can easily map a key or button to "flaps up one notch", "flaps down one notch" or even map a button to any specific flap setting you want.

Cheers, Jan

I think he may be referring to the manipulator drag length.   i.e. dragging a very short distance on screen results in a large movement of the lever and a very small number of screen pixels you have to hit to land on a detent.  I agree this should be tweaked.  

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 2

I think he may be referring to the manipulator drag length.   i.e. dragging a very short distance on screen results in a large movement of the lever and a very small number ofscreen pixels you have to hit to land on a detent.  I agree this should be tweaked.  

-tkyler

that's exactly what i mean, great you will tweak it!

It is such a huge step forward that this bird can now be operated and it gets better and better!
Many thanks to the whole ixeg team for such a great simulation

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cloudfreak1 said:

PS: at taxiing to parking position starting APU and after  engine shutdown there is no APU-sound 

I just briefly checked on my end and the APU can be heard. I can hear it start (even while engines are running) and when I turn the engines off, I can hear the APU running. Will keep an ear open for that, though!

Cheers, Jan

19 hours ago, Litjan said:

I just briefly checked on my end and the APU can be heard. I can hear it start (even while engines are running) and when I turn the engines off, I can hear the APU running. Will keep an ear open for that, though!

Cheers, Jan

Hello Jan, I also checked the apu sound several times and it is running again
no idea what was going on
but many thanks for the investigation

regards Jürgen

Hi Jürgen,

we have had reports of systems getting saturated with "sound calls"... I remember that when we implemented the GPWS sounds and people said that they sometimes couldn´t hear the altitude callouts. We increased the maximum number of "sounds" to play at the same time back then. Maybe something to keep an ear open for ;-)

Viele Grüße, Jan

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

Hi Jürgen,

we have had reports of systems getting saturated with "sound calls"... I remember that when we implemented the GPWS sounds and people said that they sometimes couldn´t hear the altitude callouts. We increased the maximum number of "sounds" to play at the same time back then. Maybe something to keep an ear open for ;-)

Viele Grüße, Jan

Hi Jan,

yes, understand, but in the moment it works again perfect many thanks!

Viele Grüße, Jürgen

• Like 1