IXEG view on RG Mod?

BigBadStato

Hey Guys,

This is quickly becoming my favorite airliner to fly now, but I must admit that part of that is because of the RG Mod. Being able to simulate Freight Ops is a lot of fun.

However, I wonder how IXEG view this mod, is it something they support?

Thankyou,

regards, John

• Like 1

John,

No, we do not support it and it is also "illegal" from Section 6 of our terms and conditions:

"DECOMPILATION

If you wish to reengineer, decompile or disassemble the software for achieving internet operability with other computer programs, you shall be obligated to contact X-Aviation prior to decompilation and request the necessary information for achieving such inter-operability. X-Aviation shall not be obligated to provide you with this information."

Furthermore, the mod essentially takes money for something WE created and they decompiled to re-sell from our original assets.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Well your product really isn't good enough if your customers are making it better. The RG Mod consists of wing flex, a more realistic winglet shape, and beautiful exterior lighting! which is something you don't have. If it wasn't for the RG Mod I wouldn't have bought your product.  I suggest you work on these updates if you don't like people doing it for you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, thomas_ said:

Well your product really isn't good enough if your customers are making it better. The RG Mod consists of wing flex, a more realistic winglet shape, and beautiful exterior lighting! which is something you don't have. If it wasn't for the RG Mod I wouldn't have bought your product.  I suggest you work on these updates if you don't like people doing it for you.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

That said, nothing changes the fact that someone is attempting to sell art assets they did not create. Modifying existing assets is a clear violation of not only our terms, but copyright law.

In the future, please refrain from resurrecting 1 year old threads. Closing this one now.

• Upvote 2