Pop Out Menu

Alphonso

So happy to be flying this aircraft once again.

Just a minor thing I have noticed. When leaving the Pop Out Menu enabled as default, it only activates when the mouse is moved left to off screen & then it remains against the border up or down. When this is disabled in the preferences & a key/joystick button is assigned in the data refs, the pop up can appear anywhere. I use this preference, but I have noticed that if the menu appears on top of the Avitab screen, not only can you no longer drag it away but none of the menu buttons can be activated while it is sitting on Avitab. The solution is to move the cockpit view so that Avitab & the menu don't overlap.

Is this a case where Avitab gets priority with mouse clicks or am I missing something ?

B733 - 2020-05-25 15.11.19.png

That is correct - the cockpit manipulators take precedence. The workaround for now - as cumbersome as it may be - is to hold down your right mousebutton and move the view until the window is not in front of a cockpit manipulator (or the avitab) anymore.

I will talk to Tom about it, maybe there is an easy solution to have the menu have "priority".

However: Once the menu appears (this is also true for all "secondary" menus when using the pop-out option), you can drag it wherever you like and it will remember that position. So if you don´t like it in the middle of your screen, just drag it to the bottom left corner, for example.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

Thanks for the quick response Litjan.

Yes there is a work around as you suggest and it's not a real problem to keep the menu out of the way. It had me a bit bamboozled at first as I had only seen this happen once before when flying a shared cockpit in the Zibo. The Avitab virtually took control of the mouse clicks & would not allow the preset views to work on the NumPad.

I streamed a flight with the B300 today on YT and that's where it became evident early on before I managed to avoid overlaying Avitab.

Edited by Alphonso
correction
  • Like 1