GEN Bus 1 off with Ground Power

FortyOneMk2

Hello,

After updating to 1.3 I noticed that I'm having issues with AC GEN Bus 1 connecting to the Ground power source.  If I fire up the APU, I can power the bus, but for some reason, when I select ground power, the breaker doesn't seem to be connecting the GPU to the No.1 Gen Bus.  Any ideas?

Gen Bus 1 off.JPG

Ha, finally! I have the same problem (it works the first time, but not when I try again) - and Tom has been totally unable to reproduce it. We compared all of our scripts (byte count), I sent him videos, we screenshared...it doesn´t happen on his system.

So thanks for confirming I am not crazy!

We will certainly keep investigating. Maybe some crazy peripheral interfering (I run a full HOTAS thrustmaster setup)...

For now I just pretend the ground power source is bad and is missing a pin or something...I can live with the GEN bus off (transfer bus still works), until I start the APU.

AND it only happens after some other source has powered the bus (I call it the bus-virginity-problem)...

Cheers, Jan

8 minutes ago, tkyler said:

without a doubt, our most cryptic bug to date.  we'll keep looking at it.  QUESTION....like Jan, does it connect the first time you use the GPU?

-tkyler

For me the GPU is powering both buses the first time, but same bus fail as above when using the GPU for the second time :)

I run both, but indeed, was probably running v18 at the time, as its more stable at handling errors, so I use it for development and Jan uses V20 for teting.....I will try both (tomorrow that is......I'm quite fatigued atm) ...awesome catch!  Fingers crossed for debugging.

-tkyler

9 hours ago, tkyler said:

without a doubt, our most cryptic bug to date.  we'll keep looking at it.  QUESTION....like Jan, does it connect the first time you use the GPU?

-tkyler

FWIW I'm having the same issue. It seems to work fine the first time I use the GPU. I havent tried to connect the GPU before taking off after i switch to the APU. But for sure after landing the issue is there for me.

I'm glad other folks are seeing it, there is no more frustrating bug than one that can't be reproduced.  I think TomS is onto something and I'll be on it first thing in the morning GMT-6.  This one really has me curious.

-tkyler

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably related, donoscar. It seems that when trying to connect both generators "at the same time" (as the GPU does), this problem occurs.

The reason is most likely an underlying computational issue - Ben is investigating it actively and it would surprise me if he doesn´t get to the root cause of this. He always has B).

Cheers, Jan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No it wasn´t. The root cause (in the new gizmo beta) has not been found yet. If it really bothers you, you can always go back to the stable version. I choose to enjoy the much smoother performance of the new beta and live with one gen bus not getting powered - nothing important on that one anyway ;-)

Cheers, Jan