Scroll wheel support

09tir98

Hello!

Congratulations on the update, been looking forward to it! You've finally added scroll wheel support BUT the direction is the opposite direction of every single other addon which makes it a bit annoying to use. For example in the 733 scrolling up on the altitude selector decreases the altitude whereas in every other addon it would increase the altitude. Is there any chance you'd consider changing this or adding an option to change it?

Edited by 09tir98
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Oh, ok - that is interesting! I will talk to Tom about it, but that should be possible...

Thanks for the feedback, Jan

yep, would be cool! after all this is a Classic and not an Airbus that has to do things the wrong way round ;-) 

• Like 3

After flying around for a bit I kinda got used to it but with every single P3D addon using scroll the ‘other’ way I think it will become annoying if you hop between sims a lot. The accuracy of manipulating the controls sure has improved a lot though. It’s nice not to open and close the window blind when clicking on the pack switches!

Edited by Benweston

23 minutes ago, okernel said:

Actually, for me it is correct.  Seems like we might need an option to scroll either way.

Dang. We just had an internal discussion about this, and it's going to require going through 200 manipulators to correct them. It's not as simple as a programming option, unfortunately. It's looking like it'll either need to be one way or the other.

But how on earth guys could that happen? It's like if you would mix up both pedals in a car...i just dont understand how it could happen without you noticing it. It's the first time ever i see the mouse-scroll the opposite direction. Otherwise thanks for the update!

Edit: sorry, just saw the post above from tkyler explaining it :)

Edited by frankbyte

I strongly suggest reversing the mouse wheel! It is not a matter of discussion or preference. Every other Windows UI uses it the other way around. Please, reconsider. Changing 200 places is not that bad. I did that a lot of time in my programs for even minor errors.

Edited by mga010
  • Like 1