Take Command! IXEG 737 Classic v1.3 Update Released!

Cameron

16 hours ago, gigabenga said:

My Queastions is not Answered?

Why can not fly Holding Pattern for a Product for over 70 Dollar?

thanks

Totally agree with you.

Just checked my order history - i bought the 737 in June 2017 and it's been already 3 years. Have no idea why such functions are not implemented. This plane really pretends to be one of the best and well made aicraft for XP but still i don't see any sufficient progress. The last update with its reverted knobs rotation is just frustrating. Can't believe that there had been no any testing before this update came out. The devs really need to spend some time implementing all the key features to make this bird best for XP ever. Hope they will.

• Like 2

Good morning Seamaster,

while we have some VNAV problems, often the problem you report is due to the MCP altitude not being lowered prior to reaching the TOD. Once you are past the TOD the plane will switch to ALT HOLD and will not descend by itself anymore, even if the MCP altitude is lowered then.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Like 1

Hi!

I need some help with the views. In previous version I could hit the "w" key and the FOV jumped to my chosen view, but now it is only default view. Is there any option

to save chosen view I can jump to by hitting "w" key?

//Robert

5 hours ago, marpilot said:

Ja, Sie können HOLD manuell fliegen :) oder nicht?

What has that got to do with whether I can fly Holding manually or not. The holding company is part of an FMC. It's that simple. You can expect that for a $ 70 plane. And the simple explanation on the part of the developers is simply insufficient.

The current Holds situation is what it is.   It has been well known and discussed and is near the top of our short-term todo list.  This is the simply the path we must take to get it done, regardless of what has been in the past.    We'll get the holds in and won't ask 1 dollar more when we do.  

-tkyler

• Like 3

2 flights back to back crashes in 11.50b9 on approach into ENGM and EKCH today, no explanation in log. First 2 crashes I've had in the new beta.

Scroll wheel and speed brake deflections are backwards..

Edited by ANordheim

19 minutes ago, ANordheim said:

Scroll wheel and speed break deflections are backwards..

It amazes me how many people don't read the forum issues before they write.

Been covered many times!

On another note, we will need logs if you want help with crashes. Please post those logs in your own topic for organizational reasons.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cameron said:

It amazes me how many people don't read the forum issues before they write.

Been covered many times!

On another note, we will need logs if you want help with crashes. Please post those logs in your own topic for organizational reasons.

My main point was the crash issue. Sorry if I missed the scroll part but a couple of us flying today clearly but missed this part. We also had issues with LSK2 key when entering our sid. First officer FMC allowed input, not captain. Easy to diss people who may not have seen all the info. Maybe be a bit more courteous instead of calling people put for missing threads,  eh? Things like the scroll wheel is simply just a lack of quality control before dropping the update. The excuse from developers that "i missed it because I don't use the scroll wheel" is quite ridiculous. 

There was nothing noted in logs. I know that logs are critical as I'm not new to this sim. However, it's the common denominator to my crash issues as this is the first issue back to back I've had, both times with the IXEG 

Edited by ANordheim

I would also think by now that it would be possible for something as simple as opening the cabin doors to be possible.  Time constraints? You've had years guys. Why would the cargo doors be implemented and not the cabin? I had high hopes for this first update in forever. It's one of my favorite aircraft in the hangar but I'm afraid that it's still incredibly lacking. 

Just seems like everything users want are omitted due to "time constraints". The list of time constraint omitted features is way too long for the amount of time between updates. I think you have a lot to learn from developers like Toliss, etc. Disappointed. 

Edited by ANordheim

21 minutes ago, ANordheim said:

My main point was the crash issue. Sorry if I missed the scroll part but a couple of us flying today clearly but missed this part. We also had issues with LSK2 key when entering our sid. First officer FMC allowed input, not captain. Easy to diss people who may not have seen all the info. Maybe be a bit more courteous instead of calling people put for missing threads,  eh? Things like the scroll wheel is simply just a lack of quality control before dropping the update. 

There was nothing noted in logs. I know that logs are critical as I'm not new to this sim. However, it's the common denominator to my crash issues as this is the first issue back to back I've had, both times with the IXEG 

Nothing noted, or notable, to you.

To me/us it reveals patterns in what may be triggering issues with compatability and so forth.

Please do not self diagnose. If the sim crashes and you're posting about it, include a Log.txt.

3 minutes ago, Ben Russell said:

Nothing noted, or notable, to you.

To me/us it reveals patterns in what may be triggering issues with compatability and so forth.

Please do not self diagnose. If the sim crashes and you're posting about it, include a Log.txt.

The log contained nothing. Even brought it up for people to see in stream and we were stumped. No worries. I will just keep waiting as I love this aircraft. 

I'm no rookie to this but I don't feel I need to argue a point either. 

Edited by ANordheim

12 minutes ago, ANordheim said:

The log contained nothing. Even brought it up for people to see in stream and we were stumped. No worries. I will just keep waiting as I love this aircraft. 

I'm no rookie to this but I don't feel I need to argue a point either. 

So it was completely blank? I doubt that.

More likely it had a list of at least a few plugins installed. Almost everyone has a few third party items installed.

It also gives OS language, sim version, graphics drivers... BLA BLA BLA.

8 minutes ago, Ben Russell said:

So it was completely blank? I doubt that.

More likely it had a list of at least a few plugins installed. Almost everyone has a few third party items installed.

It also gives OS language, sim version, graphics drivers... BLA BLA

sarcasm much? Great support. 11.50b9 Vulkan, latest nvidia drivers, standard plugins that the average simmer is using and I had some Gizmo errors when first loading in. Bottom line as a long time X-Plane user I know how to read a log. I'll just let people chime in and see where it goes. I'm just disappointed. On top of it so many things have been omitted from update due to "time constraints" which is quite unbelievable to me with years between updates. 

I'll move on until further refinements in place. 

Edited by ANordheim
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, ANordheim said:

sarcasm much? Great support. 11.50b9 Vulkan, latest nvidia drivers, standard plugins that the average simmer is using and I had some Gizmo errors when first loading in. Bottom line as a long time X-Plane user I know how to read a log. I'll just let people chime in and see where it goes. I'm just disappointed. On top of it so many things have been omitted from update due to "time constraints" which is quite unbelievable to me with years between updates. 

I'll move on until further refinements in place. 

You have obviously read nothing or understood nothing (one of the two) to realize what the context of time constraints meant. Two years was irrelevant to the context, and that argument stops here.

You also seem to be putting your pride over understanding that you aren't the smartest man over everyone else here (developer or user included). This isn't a contest, and regardless of what you feel the log didn't contain, it actually DOES contain much info we look for that is not obvious to end users. You want help with your issues, but you don't want to help us help you.

Knock it off with the attitude. Please. We're not going to argue in here. Help, or don't, but you're wrong at the moment about the log. This sort of attitude you're exemplifying is troublesome. You can be bitter, just not here. We won't tolerate it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ANordheim said:

2 flights back to back crashes in 11.50b9 on approach into ENGM and EKCH today, no explanation in log. First 2 crashes I've had in the new beta.

Scroll wheel and speed brake deflections are backwards..

Scroll wheel is fixed for next patch - what about the speed brake? It comes up for me when I pull the lever "up", just like in the real plane? It also extends when I trigger the command "Speedbrake extend one" and it retracts when I trigger "Speedbrake retract one". Is this different for you?

Cheers, Jan

PS: Sorry for my ridiculous quality control and lame excuse on that!

Edited by Litjan

10 hours ago, ANordheim said:

I would also think by now that it would be possible for something as simple as opening the cabin doors to be possible.  Time constraints? You've had years guys. Why would the cargo doors be implemented and not the cabin? I had high hopes for this first update in forever. It's one of my favorite aircraft in the hangar but I'm afraid that it's still incredibly lacking.

We have been very clear and forthcoming about our lack of updates and the reasonings behind, as well as stating the nature of this 1.3 update, so if you had high hopes, then you simply didn't come across our postings on the nature of the update before it was released...perhaps we should come up with more formal press release mechanism for IXEG....anyhow, whether or not any of us likes the situation or fallout thereof is irrelevant to the time still required to do the work.  If given the choice to lament and say, "yea, its lacking, lets just stop working on it, or "keep going", I'll choose the latter, and once chosen, refrain from bitching about the past and keep pressing.  I know folks need to vent their frustration, heck I do it all the time, so vent away, but it won't change our development process, only instantiate contention...its a predictable human thing.  

Re the cargo doors, they were implemented because they're easier and faster to model.  You said the IXEG is (was) one of your favorites...this is because we obsess over details that take a long time to develop, and why we have a reputation as one of the most immersive environments ....and I have yet to see cabin doors that are really accurate and detailed as I know they can be, cause the shapes are so darn tough, and we have a few cool ideas we also want to implement that nobody else is doing...again taking time....but IXEG wants to do it right for that immersion factor.  I can't do cabin doors and VNAV and holds at the same time, nor pay for a army of folks to do it (who still may not do it right)...so if I take a month to work on vnav and holds,  someone will inevitably come back with, "what...you couldn't get the cabin doors done in a month"?"   To be fair, we expect huffing and puffing, you sign up for that when you make products for the public.....but we have not abandoned it, despite appearances.  

We're back and bringing our attention to detail to the very things that made you like it in the first place.  You can choose to be happy we're doing that and encourge the efforts, or keep  venting.  I myself am happy we've landed on the conditions that allow to work on it full time again and finish what we started.  My hope is you can find that also.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 15
  • Upvote 2

I'm quite annoyed and disappointed frankly, on the small amount of users, that come here uninformed, rude and entitled to write sensational posts concerning the 733. The team has been very, very open from the beginning for the "shortcomings" of the model. As well as providing a target and intentions for upcoming releases and updates. You simply haven't read it.

It's quite the shame for these people, to come to this forum to address our concerns with any issues the update might have brought about, or simply request and features that come every day... and to see these kinds of reactions and posts. By all means provide criticism, even if it's about the timeline, but be at least a little bit decent for crying out loud... If you have even read any of the posts, especially by Tom, you would know how they feel about it, and how they are planning to remedy that as soon as is humanly possible. These people have lives you know. Making models for us, probably also for them, is their passion not their primary occupation.

I'm really surprised by the courage and politeness of the team, that come here to read comments like that and still respond in a professional manner, like Tom has just done. I hope that the behaviour of some doesn't discourage you, IXEG team, from the continuous communication and support of your appreciative and happy users.

The IXEG 733 is one of the few paywares that screams class and character, very few have that. If you don't recognize what has been achieved so far, and don't inform yourself about what is going to be implemented, at least read your post before you publish it and be civil at the very least.

Edited by ktomais
  • Like 11

I was already thinking of writing about so much cynicism and discourtesy expressed particularly by who identifies as "ANordheim". In that way I read the re-reflected by "ktomais" and, I stop in my intention because this member expresses everything that must be said to such ingratitude.
I understand that it is very hard to receive so much offense, that's why the IXEG team responses. Please do not spend so much effort on an anonymous attacker who, quite possibly, can be a hitman in the competitive market.
In case it is not clear to "ANordheim", cynic is any person who believes that he knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

• Like 1

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic